Loblaw Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loblaw Companies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.2

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back to set up a phone screening where I was asked simple questions about my availability, experience, and why I wanted to work there. Was asked in for an in-person interview, where I was asked a few situational questions (ie. what would you do if....?), told me about the role, and confirmed my availability. Offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question you did not know the answer to?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was set with 2 senior managers (one peer and the one the hiring manager). One of them came late totally unprepared and trying to chive in. The other one seem very low energy and asked to describe what I did in the last 2 roles. The room where the interviews are not appropriate and unwelcoming. I did not like the vibe and left with mixed emotions. I am not sure I want to work for them anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last role.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Asked a couple of questions about my experience and availability. Was invited for the orientation after a week and started my training shifts after one more week

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Online portal application, in person interview to follow up. Roughly 3 week process start to finish. Overall positive experience although union and minimal hours were deterrents. Would reconsider a position provided more hours. Overall positive process.

Interview Questions

• If you see other employees behaving dangerously at work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Barrie, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The manager came out (ran a little late) however was very nice. We had some general work place type questions and some I am not usually asked. After speaking with the manager she offered me the job on the spot if my background check came back clear and had me sign paperwork. I agreed because I knew my information would come back fine and figured I had the job based on what was said. With that said days later after dodging my calls she called back to say she decided to go with someone else even after offering me the job based on my experience and interview. I know my check came back clear. This is why I am putting this rating on here as the expectation was set. Says a lot about the company as a whole. It also conflicted me as a consumer the bad experience has not made me want to go back. Employers do not seem to understand its hard to find a job these days so when expectations are set they are taken seriously. It costs time and money to go to these interviews. They want us to take them seriously (which I do) but they do not seem to this interview was a huge eye opening experience for me as I am sure its not the only employer to run human resources and hiring these days.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about what I like to do in my spare time.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a pre-screening phone interview, takes about 15 minutes. HR explained the role and responsibilities, and then asked about some past experiences and skills listed on my resume.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The HR personnel was very friendly. They asked the typical questions, tell us about your working experience related to this role, why you want to work for Loblaw, your strengths and weaknesses. An interview followed with the Hiring Managers. They were very approachable, they asked more tactical questions closely related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a difficult supplier and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies in July 2017.

Interview

Was chosen for interview off my university job board. Interview was conducted by 2 senior managers and was asked first about who I was and then ended off with my technical abilities with excel.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Its just the basic questions, it was very welcoming and friendly, the women to interviewed me is nice and I think it is what is to be expected on the type of persons that work on this company. The interview didnt take too long, just some of your typical questions.

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks was called. I had a phone interview first and then was told to come in for another interview with the store manager