Loblaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loblaw Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw in July 2017.

Interview

Was chosen for interview off my university job board. Interview was conducted by 2 senior managers and was asked first about who I was and then ended off with my technical abilities with excel.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Its just the basic questions, it was very welcoming and friendly, the women to interviewed me is nice and I think it is what is to be expected on the type of persons that work on this company. The interview didnt take too long, just some of your typical questions.

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks was called. I had a phone interview first and then was told to come in for another interview with the store manager

HMR Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied online and about 2 months later I got a call to come in for interview. They asked simple questions then told me I got the job. They did not call me in for orientation for another couple of weeks. Really long till you start actually working.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Very straight forward. No cases. Was asked deeply into my interests and motivations. Also about teamwork and leadership experience. Very casual and pleasant experience. My advice is to be honest and open about yourself because if you don't, it will show. The company has many businesses so learn how you can integrate with other departments.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the location that you have selected?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a short phone call a few days after. Answered a few questions about availability and the typical questions about whether you're capable of doing the job (can you lift up to 50 lbs, etc). Also some questions about your work experience. Then they set up an interview with the grocery manager.

Interview in person was pleasant. The manager explained the job and the work culture of the place along with the benefits that kick in after 6 months working part-time. Then he asked a number of situational questions like the ones you find in many pre-hiring questionnaires and surveys for many companies of this type. Doesn't hurt to know the products they sell, especially their exclusives like President's Choice, for there might be a question about that.

Interview Questions

• A colleague you're working with seems to be slacking, making your job harder. How do you address it?   1 Answer
    • A customer asks where to find a product outside your department.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you exceeded the expectations at a previous job or volunteering.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you experienced the multicultural diversity of Canada.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Asked pretty basic questions, you walk in the store and greeted by manager. He brings u to his office and interviews you. Super nice interviewer, after the end of the interview he said he would give me a call in a couple of days. I thought i didn't get the job but he did ended up calling me back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Simple process, nothing special, like any other interview. Starts with a phone call to set up interview, 10 minute conversation and then got the job offer. Nothing to complicated and requires to previous experience. They ask basic questions, nothing needed to prepare prior to interview. It can easily be winged.

Gérant Principal, Marketing De Marque - Contractuel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Loblaw (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The processus was fast and well coordinated. You get emails from the start to the finish explaining the status of your candidature. First step in a phone interview with the HR department

Interview Questions

• the questions were not related to the actual position description-Emphasis was put on Digital marketing , in my opinion that is not what the position description in asking in competencies - I never would have sent my resume if the description would have match the ask in the interview .They advertise the position being part of Loblaws but in reality - you are not hiring by Loblaw but from a third-party-- I felt that was dishonest   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

it was very very short, 3 questions with the manager as i lacked previous work related experiences on the resume. he was very friendly and nice listening well and encouraging. showed around the store. break room, lockers, the schedules, the orientations, the contract, the procedures, the friendly co workers, and thier seperate and unique duties that bind themselves as a team, got the job intermediately