Loblaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.2

Senior Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

very intensive. quite a few interviews with different levels of upper management. job description was very clear and there was a lot of care taken to ensure that candidates could demonstrate the skills necessary to thrive in the environment.

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate any of the contract, but contract fair to begin with.

CPA 3-year Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: basic questions regarding resume; interviewer asked me if I knew some advanced excel (vlookups, pivot tables).
    2. Interview Event: has two main parts:
    a. Business case: 30 minutes to prepare for a case and 10 minutes to present to two officers.
    b. Interview: Panel interview with 2 interviewers. Mainly behavioral questions.
    - What do you know about Loblaw
    -Tell me about a time where you used communication skills

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time where you had to influence someone who initially disagreed with you
      - Business case: preemptive actions for arrival of new competition, technical managerial measures of sales, costs etc.
      Answer Question

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (West Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online but the assessment never went through. Brought a resume in, tried the assessment online again, got an interview before the assessment went through and was told I'm qualified and as soon as it goes through I'm hired. Got a call later to inform me I failed the assessment and won't be hired. No other explanation, just you failed goodbye now.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The position is a sixteen months internship, I went to the head office in Brampton for an on-site interview. There were two interviewers, the interview time is 30 minutes. There are both behaviour questions and technical questions involved. Went through resume with each experience and each skill I listed. Asked every detail showed on the resume

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge to Excel?   1 Answer

Grad Program Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 parts - 1:1 with HR and Senior Director from the stream you applied
    - group case - given flyers of different region and asked to come up with tactics based on situations presented
    - audit of your home store

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial phone interview to screen out people. This was followed by an in-person interview which involved meeting two groups of people plus a 30 min excel test. First group was with the manager who leads the team. Second group was with the team.

PS. Everyone likes soccer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Loblaw in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly but the questions were tough. She seemed to like my answers, we discussed pay, the stores union and even introduced me to the department I applied to. Didn't hear back at all afterwards, my calls were ignored. Terrible.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Loblaw (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

standard process, 2 interviewers, questions were pretty standard as well, except for they give you a test on excel, and an IQ (kind of) test to see if you can think on your feet

Interview Questions

• Ask you to create a pivot table, and use vlookup during the interview   1 Answer

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, first initially for the grad program then they recommended me apply for this job. Hence, I did and the group panel interview was very intense. There were two managers and one HR who conducted it and it was like a firing session for an hour. What they are really looking for is, people who have the ability to learn and excel skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were unable to get along with the manager and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How are your excel skills, do you know how to use pivot tables, vlook up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate as I was the fresh grad out of University. The only negotiation that was accepted was, the re-location to Toronto instead of Mississauga.

Fresh Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was about an hour and pretty standard basic questions.