Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Training Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA).

Interview

HR and Technical Mgr were present, HR representative did not know the job requirements and initially told me that I didn't qualify. Only after Technical Manager had a side meeting with HR Rep did she change her mind and made me an offer.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was with one person. Basic interview. None stressful. Ask technical and nontechnical questions. It was with a bunch of other college hires. They had food at the interview. Took two days to get me a job offer back. Clearance process takes a while. It was worth the wait. I was placed on a nonclassifed program which tuned out to be a sweet program. Deff dress in a suit and tie. bring your A game. they pay you to travel to their location if you live far away. I was able to stay in a hotel and ate on their dime.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone(a customer) got angry at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy. EMailed them my offer from another other corporation. They gave me a higher pay.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Over the phone interview with the Program Architect.
    2. Over the phone interview with the Program Manager, Project managers and Team Lead.
    3. In person interview with the Team Lead and Sr. Developers.

Computer Technical Support Analyst Salary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of 1 phone interview followed by an set of 3-30 minute in-person interviews with the manager, senior analyst, and other team members separately and then a final phone interview. They jotted down notes as I answered questions. They were very personable, friendly, and the manager seemed like a good one. There were a very large number of typical behavioral questions you can find in a google search and a few technical questions about my abilities. They did not discuss salary but sent an offer. I was hesitant to negotiate as I read many other reviews for LM that said they do not negotiate but they did! Seems like a great team/company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a team member did not pull their weight and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • What does NAT mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never take the first offer! Work with a mentor or career counselor if you are not confident about your skills.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was first conducted over the phone with a set of behavior based question. The second interview was in-person and is geared towards specifically understanding your fundamental knowledge, field of study and practical implementation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you implemented the systems engineering process.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was selected for an alternate interview by my career services center. The first thing i had to do was create an online profile, which lead to filling out a questionnaire. After that, i drove to the office in Arlington VA. My parking was paid for by their office. I went up and waited with a bunch of other students from all around the US. We all got to know each other while we waited to be interviewed. I interviewed with two hiring managers that day, and both were very very sweet people. The atmosphere was very professional, and i enjoyed my invitation there.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Very disorganized....Person interviewing did not even know what they were interviewing me for. Seemed more like moving a heard of cattle around. Lacked professional demeanor. Several other people were there to interview and most stated they didnt even have a position for them either. Seemed more like they were more interested in the number of interviewee's then jobs being filled. A BIG WASTE OF TIME

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good asset to the company   Answer Question

Very Unprofessional staff who dont have knowledge of openings

Government Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

I found out about the internship through a posting on my university's career center. I emailed ther person directly responsible for hiring with my cover letter, resume, and writing sample. A couple of days later, I was invited in for an interview.

The interview began with at 1:1 interview. For the most part, it was a typical behavioral interview with questions like: Describe a time when you took a leadership role in a project; Describe a time when you had to deal with a bad superior; etc. I was also asked why I wanted the position and how it fit in with my studies. Afterward, another employee came in and asked me questions about my academic background. In total, the interview lasted about an hour.

A couple of days later, I was invited to interview with the team's vice president. It took about 30 minutes and the questions were very similar. A day later, I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What in your academic background and professional experiences makes you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it was an internship, I did not have much room to negotiate a salary. I did, however, negotiate my hours.