Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly streamlined, as I was interviewing for an entry-level job relatively late in Lockheed's hiring season. The interview consisted of one hiring event where managers from different teams reviewed your resume and interviewed you based on the affinity of your resume for their team. As such, you could interview for a position on a team that you did not apply for. Each manager had their own style of interviewing - from the typical STAR format to straight-forward questions about you as a person. The interview process was long - around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of candidates each manager had to talk to. Food and accommodations were provided, and the HR managers that set up the interview were great at welcoming candidates and engaging with them between interviews.

Interview Questions

• What type of career do you hope to have, and what do you want from that career?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Hampton, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

All the people in the interview process were very eager to communicate and get their questions answer about background and how it would help meet the task objectives of satisfying the customer in the areas of expertise that were expected. Each individual 1:1 interview was performed in a professional manner and they really seamed to want to hear what you had to say.

Interview Questions

• Can you program in the C++ or similiar language   1 Answer
    • If you had to work with a difficult co worker how would you maintain communications to get the job completed.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2009.

Interview

Participated in Job Fair, I was selected for a follow-up interview, then proceeded with on-site interview with several folks.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an entry level engineering position that was supposed to last 30 minutes... it ended up being about 45 minutes with my questions at the end. The manager was very nice which helped calm my nerves. Started off just by giving me a more detailed description of the job, the location, and day-to-day work that would be done. Next we went over my resume in more detail, and then I was asked a couple behavioral questions (STAR). I'm still waiting to hear back (it has been about a month).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a split second decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Foxborough, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Went to front desk checking in and waiting for interview. I am so lucky because VP interviewed me. He asked me few question and let me walk through the company.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was with three people; two were respectful, one was not. The behavior of that particular one was hostile as he belittled my experience from the start. His needless combativeness and anger made me wonder whether he had devised a bias against me from the start? Gender? Who knows....but I must say that if he displayed this behavior in an interview, it must get worse on the job with him. Red flag, to say the least. I'm very disappointed in the tone of the interview, but understand that if one interviews enough, one will encounter bad behavior or downright personality disorders. One thing about small, stand-alone business units/contracts isolated from the corporate mothership is that the cultures can vary widely in those units and the importance of healthy dynamics cannot be understated. It is a risk one takes when being employed by such a small outfit, and I suspect that risk plays out in this case. Beware.

Interview Questions

• Would you review a drawing in model or paper space?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

Interview

The way I got the interview was through a campus informational session. Use that time to ask as many questions about the company as possible. Also, after the session meet EVERY representative there and speak with them on their journey throughout the company. If they're holding on campus interviews, these will probably be the same people interviewing you in the coming days. I was able to sign up for the interview at the informational. The interview was set up more as a conversation. There weren't that many questions, however, the person spent a lot of time giving me advice for the future, even outside of interview tips.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed very interested in my long term career goals. As a college sophomore it was difficult to answer a question for the next 20 years especially since the tech scene is making so many unknown jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

They had just won a contract and we anxious to hire people on. Interview was thorough, met with several people including two managers. Everyone was nice and polite and the process was very efficient and easy to follow. No real negatives here.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA).

Interview

They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked for salary desired