Lockheed Martin Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had applied online in August 2015 for an internship and then received the email for interview at an undisclosed location in march in March 2016, having no other contact in between. I showed up to the office and sat down in a conference room with about 10 other candidates. We were all very academically successful and qualified for the positions but as it turns out there was no position available at all. That's right, what they told us first thing was there were no positions because they had waited too long and security clearances would in no way happen by the summer. The interviews would just be for clearances. We were each interviewed by 3 different people who were just reading of a worksheet and filling it out based on our responses to each question. I think the company severely over estimates the usefulness of an 'off the sheet' interview and most certainly misses out on understanding the capability of candidates. I know this review could be perceived as, "he is just bitter there wasn't a job", but the truth is having interviewed more recently with companies in the same industry, Lockheed really is lacking a solid candidate recruiting program. The interviews were a while ago so i apologize for not remembering more questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2014.

Interview

The way I got the interview was through a campus informational session. Use that time to ask as many questions about the company as possible. Also, after the session meet EVERY representative there and speak with them on their journey throughout the company. If they're holding on campus interviews, these will probably be the same people interviewing you in the coming days. I was able to sign up for the interview at the informational. The interview was set up more as a conversation. There weren't that many questions, however, the person spent a lot of time giving me advice for the future, even outside of interview tips.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed very interested in my long term career goals. As a college sophomore it was difficult to answer a question for the next 20 years especially since the tech scene is making so many unknown jobs.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, however they mentioned wanting to do an on-site but did not have enough time. Actually, my interview was cut short by a dropped call and we were never able to make the connection again. Fortunately, my recruiter was understanding and based most everything off of my application and resume.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA).

Interview

They bring you in for an on-site interview typically. You are interviewed by 3-5 people at once. Each asks you a situational question, and then you go over your resume briefly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered, but they immediately declined it and made it clear that there were a number of people in line behind me and they would gladly take the job if I didn't want it.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

LM found me through my alumni office. First interview was on campus with a group of other potential hires. They took us through the company overview, then we broke out into interviews with hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Foxborough, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Went to front desk checking in and waiting for interview. I am so lucky because VP interviewed me. He asked me few question and let me walk through the company.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Interview face-to-face at site with 3 separate hiring managers. 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked for salary desired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) On-site interview: Met with 4 managers who asked both technical and behavioral questions. (~4 hrs). The people were relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Typical personality questions: give me a time where you resolved a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Everything was pretty well organized and the hiring process was very smooth. However, the description of the job was inaccurate in the long run. I accepted the job thinking there would be more research and development. In the end, the only work for anyone was basically technician work.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary, difficult, or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I stated my desired salary and they accepted. It was higher than the average for the area but I had exceptional grades and class experience. I could have probably asked for more if I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Lockheed Martin was a very professional company. The interview process, while intense, was a great experience. They were very clear about their expectations and were more than willing to answer my questions. They even paid for me to take a rental car out to the interview! Really a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were frustrated and how you overcame that frustration.   Answer Question