Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

There was a one on one interview to initially determine the serious candidates. Then, after more than a month of no contact I received an email asking me to come in and be interviewed by a panel. I had to give a short power point presentation and there was also an hour long information session.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was selected for an alternate interview by my career services center. The first thing i had to do was create an online profile, which lead to filling out a questionnaire. After that, i drove to the office in Arlington VA. My parking was paid for by their office. I went up and waited with a bunch of other students from all around the US. We all got to know each other while we waited to be interviewed. I interviewed with two hiring managers that day, and both were very very sweet people. The atmosphere was very professional, and i enjoyed my invitation there.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

They had just won a contract and we anxious to hire people on. Interview was thorough, met with several people including two managers. Everyone was nice and polite and the process was very efficient and easy to follow. No real negatives here.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position online. A couple of weeks later, I was contacted by the Department Manager, were I did a telephone interview. We then set up an on-site interview where I met with him and the HR Manager. This was a compentency based interview where behavior questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate yourself to complete unpleasant assignments?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to become more effective in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone screening followed by an in-person, on-site interview with groups of a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work hear.   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite class?   1 Answer

Wanted to work for Boeing instead. More fun. And Texas is too hot and humid. No thanks.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Norfolk, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

There was no interview they called and offered a job to me. No job description got to work on the first day and realized that I made a mistake well wont do that again. Make sure you have done your homework with any company and try your best to not allow them to steam roll you into taking an offer that you will not be happy with of lockheed just like the otheres will laugh stright to the bank

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn from this job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2009.

Interview

I was asked several personality based questions. I thought the interview was fair, and reasonably technical. They asked about previous projects and work experience. I think the culture seemed laid back and relaxed yet still focused on achieving mission for the government.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Did an on-campus interview. After 2 weeks received invitation to on-site hiring event. Event included site tour, company overview, and actual interview. Both the on-campus interview and on-site interview consisted of a set of typical behavioral questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when..."), where they look for answers in the form of STARS (situation, tasks, actions, results). Was told will be notified regardless of whether I will be receiving an offer or not. But it has been over 6 weeks, still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to make an unpopular decision. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2009.

Interview

Communication was all done through the career center at school. An information session was held the night before with generics about the company followed by a short question-and-answer session. The interview was strictly behavioral and consisted of very vague 'what would you do' questions. The entire process felt more or less like a place to meet the recruiter face to face and to fill out the required department of defense background check paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to propose an idea to your group or manager? How would you go about selling your idea?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2009.

Interview

Attended a career fair at the university, open to all students and alumni, and received a phone call a few hours later requesting an on campus interview. It was a one on one behavioral interview, which they all are these day, that lasted 30 minutes. The interviewer said, they want to see if you can fit in within the company and that they can teach you or guide you to learn the technical stuff they require. Very relaxed and easy going interview.