Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2016

2.4

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then, a recruiter reached out to me asking for more information. Perhaps 4 weeks later, I was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview was with an engineer and the hiring manager. It lasted about 30 minutes. About half the interview was the engineer who worked at Lockheed discussing the position and a typical day in his shoes. They asked me about my experiences with systems engineering. After the interview it took about a month again to receive feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences that were listed on my resume.   Answer Question

College Student Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 15 people interviewing for the same spot and about 6 interviewers. Each person had to interview with two different people. The interviewers were like the best group of people, very chill and relaxed. There wasn't really much to prepare for, it was a go to process and I think it overall it was shown to be very well good interview process.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at a conference I attended. I was told that I would have a follow up on site interview, then I was told the date had been changed and was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to working for one company for a large part of your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online, received a call back the next week and was invited to attend interview two weeks later. They offered to fly me out and pay for a hotel.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous jobs I had held throughout college and how I handled certain situations above and beyond my job description.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair. I was then called by HR a few weeks later asking if I'd like to attend one of three interview sessions in three different states (California, Texas, Arizona). I chose Texas and a few weeks later they flew me (as well as about 2 dozen others) in to interview with a few managers. This lasted most of the morning, then they provided lunch and gave us tours of the facilities in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions were asked. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process contained a phone call interview that lasted about 30 minutes and then they flew me out for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. I first met with HR and went through the benefits and work schedule etc. Then I had a panel interview with many of the managers and peers with the departments I would be working for. There were a lot of open ended questions of what type of personalities I find hard to work with along with the normal "How are you motivated" type questions. Everyone was very professional and at the end of the interview they gave me ample time to ask questions back to them about the position. I was also given a tour of the facility when everything was completed.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. More personality questions rather than technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined their first offer and focused on what I thought I should be at in respects to salary. I knew they would not give me everything I wanted, but they raised the initial offer very easy without any real concern. I would always counter their first offer as they expect to negotiate.

Scientific Systems Analyst Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX).

Interview

I started off with a phone interview asking more probing questions my resume. Then I was flown to Houston, TX the face to face interview. I flew in on a Friday and toured the work site, Johnson Space Center, and meet with the hiring management. On Saturday morning, I had three interviews, as I was being considered for three different positions. I then flew home Saturday afternoon. A couple of weeks later, I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember specific questions, as it was 15+ years ago.   Answer Question

Property Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by corporate recruiter, then scheduled phone interview, then had drug test and background check performed. Interview process was fairly easy and quick. It was a group phone interview which made it a bit more difficult but overall I would say that it went well.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a MAES conference in Houston, Texas and was offered an interview on the spot upon him reviewing my resume. At that point, I was put on a waiting list and then taken to the back for an interview. The interview questions consisted mainly of the recruiter asking me about projects and coursework that were on my resume. Apart from that, he asked what particular division I would like to work for if I were offered a job and why. Since I was asked for an interview on the spot, I wasn't prepared and hadn't researched Lockheed Martin prior to the interview so I'm pretty sure that's why I did not advance in the interview process. Some advice: Always research the companies you want to work for in advance just in case a surprise interview comes your way.

Interview Questions

• What division of Lockheed Martin appeals to you most and if a position was offered, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

They are focused on teamwork, diversity and ethics.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you had to do more than what was expected of you?   Answer Question
    • Do you believe in diversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Concentrate on your GPA and your involvement within your community