Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and had 2 separate interviews. Each one was with a senior systems engineer that worked in the group. Both had to ask pre-decided questions that were mostly behavioral in nature (e.g. describe I time when you...). After the standard questions, we talked a lot about the activities involved in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed in a task and how did you take steps to mitigate that failure?   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

They flew me out and then we had a tour. After the tour, there was lunch and a panel of engineering speakers. After that there were interviews, between 1 and 3. I had two and the interviews follow the star model for interviewing

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was long because Lockheed had me in the system for months. I was skipped and sent to the on-site interview instead of the initial phone screenings and etc. Initially, 14 people were on-site for interviews and some applied for Software and others for Systems engineering. You had an hour long presentation on the overview of the company and also the perks and benefits. Then you went straight to interviews. You have 3 interviews that are close to 45 mins long. The people are very nice in tone and fair when it comes to interviewing questions. Everyone gets asked the same question for the job they are applying for. The first two people were purely asking behavioral questions and the first person told me not to even worry about STAR based answering. Interview as followed:
    1) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on the background on my resume.
    2) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on background in technical experience.
    3) 1-2 behavioral questions. 10 Technical questions. Followed by Whizbang coding question. You have to be able to walk through the answer and explain what you did.

Interview Questions

• What is OOP?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is inheritance?
      What is an abstract class?
      What is FINAL in java?
      Complete Whizz-bang question you have 13 minutes.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

No Interview, secured job due to previous work experience. I was hired as a contractor, sub contracted to another contractor. Job is new, challenging and engaging. Definitely see it as a career path.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event about 2 weeks after applying on the company’s web site. Had 3 interviews, each one went into great detail about my experience on my resume followed with behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and it was a great experience. It is pretty clear Lockheed Martin knows what they are looking for in candidates and their preparation and methods make the nightmare of interviewing quite enjoyable.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly streamlined, as I was interviewing for an entry-level job relatively late in Lockheed's hiring season. The interview consisted of one hiring event where managers from different teams reviewed your resume and interviewed you based on the affinity of your resume for their team. As such, you could interview for a position on a team that you did not apply for. Each manager had their own style of interviewing - from the typical STAR format to straight-forward questions about you as a person. The interview process was long - around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of candidates each manager had to talk to. Food and accommodations were provided, and the HR managers that set up the interview were great at welcoming candidates and engaging with them between interviews.

Interview Questions

• What type of career do you hope to have, and what do you want from that career?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. For systems engineering position in Fort Worth, Texas. Asked basic team-oriented questions. Said that they were not expecting technical systems engineering answers as it was and entry-level positon. Division was being bought by Leidos, and they asked if it would be acceptable to work at that company instead of Lockheed Martin.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a team project to which you have contributed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application through Lockheed Martin's career page, I received a phone call from the Manager for the SWE dev team. We talked for about 15-30 minutes about my background & security clearance (this could be seen as an initial phone screen). We set up a time for a technical interview with him and one of his SWE. The technical interview did not involve any actual coding but instead asked about my past projects, general behavioral questions, and a broad system design question to model the problem set of the specific team I had applied to (satellite communication). It lasted about 35 minutes and afterwards the manager answered any questions I had. A few days later I received an offer from the team Manager. The whole process took about 2 weeks & I spoke directly to the manager (never to HR). I received an offer from the manager after the technical phone interview (no on-site interview).

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite Object Oriented Programming project?   1 Answer
    • When did you have to innovate?
      When did you face an obstacle?
      1 Answer
    • How would you model the system used for satellite communication? (team specific)   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with 8 candidates in a waiting room. We were brought into another room to see a powerpoint presentation, followed by 3 one-on-one interviews, the day finished with a tour and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question