Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017
1,255 Interview Reviews

2.6

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward hiring process. I applied online at the advice of a friend. I met with a bunch of managers at a hiring event in which about 12 candidates were interviewed for about 6 spots. Panel interview format. Got alot of experience-based questions. "Have you ever dealt with an irresponsible coworker"? "How have you overcome challenges in the workplace?". That stuff.

Took about a month and a half to hear back. Which was probably the worst part of the whole process, the suspense.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about the most complex project you've dealt with?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Took the first good offer I got. Bills to pay!

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with recruiter and then an in person interview at work site; behavioral based, tell me about a time type questions. I met with multiple people from team including peers and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your integrity or ethics was challenged..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Worked directly with recruiter. Didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Interview was a large group of us. They fed us breakfast and lunch and everyone was interviewed by 3 different managers. They started with a presentation about the company and then talked about the specific branch we were interviewing for. We were then interviewed which consisted of mainly behavioral questions with a few technical thrown in. Then they presented a project they were working on and then we headed home.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a class and an object to someone who is not a computer scientist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate new grad positions; the offer is based on a calculation.

Interview

Very formal interview process that started on a college campus. This interview was 1:1 with an alumni. Received a call back after the college interview to come to Washington, D.C. for a second round of interviews. The second round consisted of ~6 interviews with 6 managers. After the second round I received an offer via email and snail mail.

Interview Questions

• Please describe an example where you held a leadership position and had to address lack of performance to a team member.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Be prepared to explain everything on your resume, make sure it is up to date and provide any more updates needed. Also, ask the interviewer about their job/functions and view of Lockheed, it's a great chance to show interest and get a feel for the company life. If you have additional interviews, ask the same questions to get a well-rounded answer.

Interview Questions

• Shorter technical questions, nothing you shouldn't be able to answer.   Answer Question

Other job offer that was in a totally different field that I wanted to explore

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

First step is recruiting call, why you want to work for Lockheed, motivations, etc.

Second Step is Phone interveiw with direct manager.

May be a third interveiw in person, depending on time and where you are located relative to the work site.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward. Know what information about the area you are looking to get into, example, HR, BD, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Very formal, streamlined with HR. Met with hiring functional and program manager. Discussed related work questions, mostly technical. Everyone was very courteous. It did take a long time between initial contact by HR to finally meeting interviewers in person. There is also a lot of paperwork due to citizenship and security clearance application.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were related to my then work experience, so everything went pretty smoothly.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

On-campus interview, very friendly, basic behavioral and experience based questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you were working in a group, and you were met with a direct conflict. What did you do?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, internal transfer

General Phone Interview Interview

Interview

Applied for various positions on line and got a call from them asking general questions for no specific job.