Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.8

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three forty five minute interviews along with an intro presentation about Lockheed Martin, a facility tour, and a sit down lunch with employees and other candidates being interviewed.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Midwest City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter who called up to ask if I would be interested in a position that would be a good fit for me, given that she'd seen my resume in their system. I obliged and thanked her for reaching out. A couple of days later the hiring manager reached out of the blue and asked if I was free to answer a couple of basic questions. I unfortunately had another interview lined up in a couple of minutes, and had to ask him if it was okay for him to reach out in an hour and a half. He was very nice, and graciously accepted to do so. He later called me an hour and a half later, and even asked if I did well on the other interview, which I thought was nice of him. I answered basic security related questions such as Citizenship/Bankruptcy/Drug Abuse questions. The position requires a Security clearance, and that is probably why they started out with that. Later the questions turned towards my background and how my prior work experiences were/weren't related to the job description in question. After answering in ways to make them seem similar, he seemed convinced that I would be a good fit for the role. I was given the time to ask him some basic questions as well. At the end of the interview he said I should hear back from them soon. A couple of days later I was emailed another security questionnaire to fill up. And a week after that I was invited to a hiring event. They flew me out, put me up in a nice hotel, and had me attend their one hour interview the next day. This interview round consisted of three interviewers who were the head of a mega team, the head of the relevant team, and the hiring manager for the job in question. The questions were all STAR related, but were laced with technical interludes to see how well you would link your experiences to the job description in question. A pro tip would be to make sure you answer in such a way that you relate to some point or the other asked in the job description!

Didn't hear back from them after the interview happened. I had a competing offer from another similar (plane) company 2 weeks later, and I reached out to them for an update. Later I got an email from them saying the hiring team had decided to move forward with another candidate. Wanted this offer mainly to have negotiating leverage with my other company, but wouldn't have taken it up if I'd received it.

Interview Questions

• Given that your background is in X, tell us why you would be interested in working at Y here?   Answer Question
    • What kind of person are you? A follower or a leader?   Answer Question
    • What types of teams have you worked with? Individual, Small Knit, Multifunctional Cross Disciplinary?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to budget something for a project, and how did you go about it? Were there any difficulties?   Answer Question
    • A lot more relevant STAR questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter asking if I was still interested. A week later was asked to fly out for an interview the next week. The interview was with two managers and went really smoothly. Great interview and trip experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I first received an email from a recruiter inviting me to an "open house" recruiting event at a Hilton in Highlands Ranch, Colorado for positions at one of their Littleton, Colorado campuses. Upon arriving, I was asked to wait for 15 minutes or so in the lobby of the hotel, then invited to come back with a manger. We spoke briefly, then he introduced me to two managers who were more relevant to the positions I was looking for. We had a friendly conversation delving into both technical skills and "soft" skills, and at the end of it, they invited me to interview on-campus the following day.

At the on-campus interview - which was conducted in their "flagship" Littleton office with one of the most visually spectacular views I've ever seen - a project manager and senior sysadmin spoke with me about more of the details. At its conclusion, one of the recruiters told me I would hear back the following week regarding whether or not I got the position.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and forthcoming, even willing to answer negatively to some of my questions. They were as invested in ensuring that I was a good fit for the company as I was in ensuring that I would enjoy working there.

However, the next week came and went, and I did not hear back. A second week passed, then a third, then soon a month had passed. Throughout this time, I sent emails to the people with whom I spoke asking about the results of my interview, but to date I have not heard anything or received a single response of any sort. I admittedly am disappointed, as the company seemed very impressive and I strongly believe I would have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very technical questions about specific Unix commands to perform certain tasks.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview from the senior recruiter. The hiring manager called and we had a 45 minute call, he seemed friendly and provided a lot of information about the position. Two weeks later I received an automated message saying they would not move forward to the final round. So I thought that was that. Then two days later, I received an email from the senior recruiter inviting me for a face to face interview. I thought the first email must have been a glitch, so I responded with my availability. After that, I never heard from the senior recruiter again, despite following up via email. I found the HR team to be very unprofessional in sending mixed messages and then completely ignoring the candidate instead of clarifying the mix up. I can't say anything negative about the actual hiring manager, he was very pleasant on the phone even though they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Flight Test Engineer Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and went over expectations and summary of the job I was interviewing for. Most of the questions were clarifying experience on my resume and behavioral questions. They were looking for answers to behavioral questions in the STAR format. This interview was part of a hiring event where they bring in about 20-40 people to interview for several different jobs. However, they do not let you know which positions you are interviewing for until you get in the room with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a member of your group and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. For systems engineering position in Fort Worth, Texas. Asked basic team-oriented questions. Said that they were not expecting technical systems engineering answers as it was and entry-level positon. Division was being bought by Leidos, and they asked if it would be acceptable to work at that company instead of Lockheed Martin.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a team project to which you have contributed.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email asking for additional information for a given requisition. After filling that out I was contacted by phone a few days later to schedule an in person interview at the facility the job would be for. Hiring event consisted of around 30 people, everyone was given two interviews. One was typical behavioral interview and they wanted all the answers in STAR format. Other was slightly more technical and just went over the stuff I had on my resume

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to prioritize something for a group   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was only STAR method- questions of how you would handle certain situations. There was no technical parts, nothing that tested actual capacity, they just look for buzz words and ask you generalized questions to see if you can work in the job to a basic extent- effectively they look more heavily at resume than character or capacity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to inform your boss of a problem.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event in February 2017 out in Littleton, CO. The event was from 7:30 AM to about 1 PM. Booking the flight, hotel and rental car was a breeze. Breakfast was provided and then we were guaranteed two interviews with hiring managers that were interested in us. The group of interviewees there were of all different background types, from business and finance to engineering. The interviews themselves were straightforward and mainly behavioral questions based on the STAR format. Overall it was a pleasant experience and everyone was very welcoming and excited that we were there. While we were eating several employees shared their experiences, good and bad, with Lockheed and allowed us to ask questions.

The only poor part of this experience was the followup. We were told we should hear back in approximately two weeks on the status. Never heard back and wasn't provided any details as to who my recruiter was so I contacted the HR rep that initially contacted me about 5 weeks later. Got a prompt reply about my recruiter so I contacted that individual. Got a prompt reply that was positive and gave some detail to the situation. I was told that I should be contacted once final decisions have been made by the hiring manager. Still haven't heard back and its been over 10 weeks. You never know exactly what is happening in the background with these large companies. They could be waiting for a contact to be obtained or what not, so I honestly never expect a final result to be given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question