Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

409 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I applied online and I received an interview invitation within 2 weeks. They covered all travel and lodging expenses for candidates who lived more than 50 miles away from their facility. The day of the interview consisted of interviews with hiring managers, a tour of the facility, lunch, and an information session where they talked about the company and their projects. The interviews were mainly behavioral along with several questions which gauged troubleshooting skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach filling up a bus with golf balls.   2 Answers

Hangar Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Stratford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application, phone screen, on site interview.
    Poor communication- waited onsite in lobby almost 2 hours for someone to interview me (Security guard was helpful though). Guy who was supposed to interview me wasnt at work that day. No travel reimbursement.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard, went over resume and experience. Typical STAR questions. Nothing off the wall was asked. Went over duties and expectations of the position. Given a general overview of the organization.

Project Engineer Kings Bay, GA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Bay, GA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Kings Bay, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Human resource called me to ask if I was interested in living in Kings Bay. I said yes Then She. forward my resume to Hiring manager. I talked to him the the phone. He asked about my experience. He was impressed so They set a date so I can interview which was about 2 weeks later. Everything was fast and smooth. I did awesome in the interview one my best if not the best. The interview was easy.Send out thank you later and no communication after this point (even after one of Engineering gave me his email address. I called and emailed both engineer manager and Human Resources still no response. It was horrible. I emailed even called some of Engineers to give him good News that I was granted my Secret Clearance still no reply. These people killed the vibe of wanting to work there. Finally after 3 months no communication at all received rejection letter. Crazy after I nailed interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting resume online, phone interview with technical team. The response took about 2 weeks from submission. Interview was informal but quite technical. Did not get past this stage. Two people on the call and shared screen

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and had 2 separate interviews. Each one was with a senior systems engineer that worked in the group. Both had to ask pre-decided questions that were mostly behavioral in nature (e.g. describe I time when you...). After the standard questions, we talked a lot about the activities involved in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed in a task and how did you take steps to mitigate that failure?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three forty five minute interviews along with an intro presentation about Lockheed Martin, a facility tour, and a sit down lunch with employees and other candidates being interviewed.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Midwest City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter who called up to ask if I would be interested in a position that would be a good fit for me, given that she'd seen my resume in their system. I obliged and thanked her for reaching out. A couple of days later the hiring manager reached out of the blue and asked if I was free to answer a couple of basic questions. I unfortunately had another interview lined up in a couple of minutes, and had to ask him if it was okay for him to reach out in an hour and a half. He was very nice, and graciously accepted to do so. He later called me an hour and a half later, and even asked if I did well on the other interview, which I thought was nice of him. I answered basic security related questions such as Citizenship/Bankruptcy/Drug Abuse questions. The position requires a Security clearance, and that is probably why they started out with that. Later the questions turned towards my background and how my prior work experiences were/weren't related to the job description in question. After answering in ways to make them seem similar, he seemed convinced that I would be a good fit for the role. I was given the time to ask him some basic questions as well. At the end of the interview he said I should hear back from them soon. A couple of days later I was emailed another security questionnaire to fill up. And a week after that I was invited to a hiring event. They flew me out, put me up in a nice hotel, and had me attend their one hour interview the next day. This interview round consisted of three interviewers who were the head of a mega team, the head of the relevant team, and the hiring manager for the job in question. The questions were all STAR related, but were laced with technical interludes to see how well you would link your experiences to the job description in question. A pro tip would be to make sure you answer in such a way that you relate to some point or the other asked in the job description!

Didn't hear back from them after the interview happened. I had a competing offer from another similar (plane) company 2 weeks later, and I reached out to them for an update. Later I got an email from them saying the hiring team had decided to move forward with another candidate. Wanted this offer mainly to have negotiating leverage with my other company, but wouldn't have taken it up if I'd received it.

Interview Questions

• Given that your background is in X, tell us why you would be interested in working at Y here?   Answer Question
    • What kind of person are you? A follower or a leader?   Answer Question
    • What types of teams have you worked with? Individual, Small Knit, Multifunctional Cross Disciplinary?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to budget something for a project, and how did you go about it? Were there any difficulties?   Answer Question
    • A lot more relevant STAR questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter asking if I was still interested. A week later was asked to fly out for an interview the next week. The interview was with two managers and went really smoothly. Great interview and trip experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I first received an email from a recruiter inviting me to an "open house" recruiting event at a Hilton in Highlands Ranch, Colorado for positions at one of their Littleton, Colorado campuses. Upon arriving, I was asked to wait for 15 minutes or so in the lobby of the hotel, then invited to come back with a manger. We spoke briefly, then he introduced me to two managers who were more relevant to the positions I was looking for. We had a friendly conversation delving into both technical skills and "soft" skills, and at the end of it, they invited me to interview on-campus the following day.

At the on-campus interview - which was conducted in their "flagship" Littleton office with one of the most visually spectacular views I've ever seen - a project manager and senior sysadmin spoke with me about more of the details. At its conclusion, one of the recruiters told me I would hear back the following week regarding whether or not I got the position.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and forthcoming, even willing to answer negatively to some of my questions. They were as invested in ensuring that I was a good fit for the company as I was in ensuring that I would enjoy working there.

However, the next week came and went, and I did not hear back. A second week passed, then a third, then soon a month had passed. Throughout this time, I sent emails to the people with whom I spoke asking about the results of my interview, but to date I have not heard anything or received a single response of any sort. I admittedly am disappointed, as the company seemed very impressive and I strongly believe I would have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very technical questions about specific Unix commands to perform certain tasks.   Answer Question