Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people at seperate times. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes a piece. You are asked a lot of behavioral questions and also a good amount of questions about your resume. Be prepared to talk about group work. All in all a great experience. Everyone was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you've been criticized and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Ocala, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via LM website as usual with detailed resume. I received a email from HR in Orlando one week later. The email stated they were wondering if I was interested in the 'Senior Tester' position.

Interview Questions

• HR asked if the Ocala position was convenient for me as I live in that area. The next question was 'What is your expected salary, AND what is your minimum that you will accept.'   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Palmdale, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Everything was incredibly professional, efficient, and impressive for the first few phases of the interview process. Within a week of applying online I was called by the hiring manager, we had a good conversation about basic elements of the job, as well as my qualifications and experience, and he said he would let me know about the next steps soon. He was extremely personable and friendly and helpful, answering all my questions thoroughly.

Two weeks later I was called for an in person interview across the country, with two weeks notice. Already they appeared more professional and together than every other company I've interviewed with, or even applied to. I was interviewing for other jobs at the time and wasn't sure if the date they gave me would work for me, but they were very patient in waiting to hear if I could make it at that time, which I finally was able to confirm.

When I arrived a few days later everyone I met was great, friendly, respectful, knowledgeable, and seemed genuinely interested in me. A few scientists from the group took me out to lunch for a sort of pre-interview interview, and we talked about everything that seemed relevant. When I returned from lunch I attended my interview with the hiring manager, plus two other individuals, and a person on a screen from the LM location in Texas.

The interview was low-stress, conversational but semi-formal, and everyone was helpful, clear with their questions and answers, and the material we covered was directly relevant to the job, with no petty HR stuff or "What's your greatest strength/weakness?" questions. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes, and I genuinely enjoyed it.

My interviewers were outstandingly professional and informative, and it is still the best interview experience I have had.

Unfortunately, Lockheed Martin's impressiveness died out soon after the interview. I followed up on my interview a few days later, but received no reply. I sent my receipts and per diem forms to the address I was given in order to be reimbursed for my travel, and never received my check. I waited patiently, considering Thanksgiving was coming up and must certainly be the cause. But Thanksgiving passed and I never received the check. And still no word on the next steps in the process. Then Christmas came and passed. Still no word. I immediately tried following up with Lockheed to inquire both about the next steps in my interview or whether they were moving on without me, and about the money they owed me for travel. Silence for weeks.

It has now been over two months since I interviewed, and I have followed up six times with two separate people. You know what their response was to my constant inquiries? An automated email asking me to fill out a human resources recruitment process survey to rate their staffing department's overall performance during my interview process. I gave the same review I've given here: Excellent first act performance, dreadful in all subsequent acts.

Lockheed Martin seems like a company that has really perfected the quick, efficient, and thoroughly professional interview process, complete with highly competent and qualified individuals doing the interviewing. But their communication and follow up is deplorable, and if they are no longer considering you for the position (which I have to assume is the case in my situation) they ignore you and don't even bother to reimburse you for your travel, which is expensive, or let you know that they are moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience programming in C++, Python, Fortran, MATLAB, and any other languages you've used. What is the largest module or package you have written, what was its purpose? Describe your experience modelling electromagnetic phenomena. Would you be alright working on Top Secret work and being unable to talk about your work with anyone?   Answer Question

Program Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel near their complex. I arrived Thursday night, the interview took place on Friday and I left by 3pm that day. There were dozens of other engineers interviewing for several other jobs. Some people they had flown in form different parts of the country. Lockheed offered reimbursement to travel to the interview site. Got a tour of their satellite fab. I had two behavioral interviews from managers of the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about how I would act in certain situations (e.g. tell me about a time when you and team member disagreed).   Answer Question

Procurement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply, wait for the LM system to update to interest received, wait for the system to update to resume under review, wait for the system to update to interview or not considered. Sometimes the candidate is contacted by the job recruiter and other times by a manager on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Too many to consider. If you are going to interview with LM you better practice the STAR format!!! Be mentally prepared for the fact that management already knows who they want to hire.   Answer Question

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

Interview

Had a panel of 3 interviewers, one manager and two leads. They had a list of questions each person would ask me. It wasn't a sit down and chat interview, very straight forward so it was tough to relax.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Very intense and specific to the job description. Lots of questions about personality and personal behavior. Even though the dressing code was never discussed prior interview was a big part of the interview.

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I sat down with two different HR people, one at a time. They asked me about my career goals, strengths, and skills. It was very conversational and uplifting. They were genuinely interested in my personal aspirations and tried to fit my skills and goals to an open position in their company. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you hope to use in your career?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They flew me to Syracuse, NY. I interviewed with 3 team leaders and they asked me a barrage of questions including my coursework and my aspirations within the company; subsequently I was provided lunch and I had the chance to talk to other team leaders. The interview session started at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 1:00 p.m.

Interview Questions

• What is Object Oriented Programming?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through career fair. About a month later received invitation to attend hiring event. Got tour of plant and interview slots. Interview went very smooth, all behavioral question (e.g. Tell me about a time when....). Be sure to answer questions in S.T.A.R. format. Interview was also one on one with hiring manager which was very laid back.