Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,307 Interview Reviews

2.6

1,307 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard, went over resume and experience. Typical STAR questions. Nothing off the wall was asked. Went over duties and expectations of the position. Given a general overview of the organization.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

After a multiple of reschedules and dinner cancellations. I flew down to the Moorestown facility. The day before my stay, I was kicked out of the hotel. This kinda brought me a red flag between the company's relationship with the local businesses. So I went down to stay at another hotel. I went to sleep like at 3 in the morning, and I was determined that I wouldn't be going to the hiring event. The next day I had been woken up by recruiter calls and when I woke up, it was already 3 hrs late. After a slight hesitation, I went to the interview and went through the interview. I didn't prepare anything and had no idea what they were doing there nor what position was I being interviewed for. The managers were kind enough to offer an interview for a namesake. I just mumbled along. I had a good tour of the facility and the campus was very nice. Lockheed isn't a company you want to work for if you are serious about engineering, but just the pay or the benefits. Don't be fooled if the interviewers are super-nice, they won't even respond nor any feedback once you leave the facility. There is an interview evaluation sheet you will be given at the end.

Interview Questions

• The managers seemed to be asking me, just for the sake of asking something. Whether you are a team player, work overtime, team conflict handling, questions from the resume.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on site interview. They asked me to talk about my resume and projects that I have worked on as well as previous experience in the industry.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and had 2 separate interviews. Each one was with a senior systems engineer that worked in the group. Both had to ask pre-decided questions that were mostly behavioral in nature (e.g. describe I time when you...). After the standard questions, we talked a lot about the activities involved in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed in a task and how did you take steps to mitigate that failure?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Due to background checks and the nature of the job, this took several months. The interview was a 3 step process. First was an interview at my school, then there was a phone screen and then finally an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. It was basically accept this offer or decline it.

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

They flew me out and then we had a tour. After the tour, there was lunch and a panel of engineering speakers. After that there were interviews, between 1 and 3. I had two and the interviews follow the star model for interviewing

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was long because Lockheed had me in the system for months. I was skipped and sent to the on-site interview instead of the initial phone screenings and etc. Initially, 14 people were on-site for interviews and some applied for Software and others for Systems engineering. You had an hour long presentation on the overview of the company and also the perks and benefits. Then you went straight to interviews. You have 3 interviews that are close to 45 mins long. The people are very nice in tone and fair when it comes to interviewing questions. Everyone gets asked the same question for the job they are applying for. The first two people were purely asking behavioral questions and the first person told me not to even worry about STAR based answering. Interview as followed:
    1) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on the background on my resume.
    2) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on background in technical experience.
    3) 1-2 behavioral questions. 10 Technical questions. Followed by Whizbang coding question. You have to be able to walk through the answer and explain what you did.

Interview Questions

• What is OOP?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is inheritance?
      What is an abstract class?
      What is FINAL in java?
      Complete Whizz-bang question you have 13 minutes.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Stratford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, and later that week got a phone call. I applied later online. Next week they send me forms to fill and after they offered me a position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Palmdale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The job posting was selected online and I interviewed first on the phone then on sight. There were no engineering questions just standard social interaction questions. Overall a fairly easy interview consisting of about 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a disagreement with someone in a group you had to work in.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three forty five minute interviews along with an intro presentation about Lockheed Martin, a facility tour, and a sit down lunch with employees and other candidates being interviewed.