Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,273 Interview Reviews

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, they did not try to throw you off guard they ask reasonable questions: describe a project you worked on and that had a problem and what was the outcome (they asked that question in about 3 different ways) so have multiple projects you've worked on and there out come. They want to know a project that had a failure in it, and how you rose above it and solved the problem. They also need to know that you've had a project that didn't go the way you planed and what solutions you provided, as well as, did they go with your solution or a different one. If they went with a different one that isn't a failure (talk about how you supported and improved it). They ask all these questions expecting and asking you to answer using STAR so exp (Situation, Task, Actions, and Results

Interview Questions

• Has there been a project that there was a problem that occurred (what was the problem and how was is resolved). Has there been a project that you needed to ask for help (what was the problem,who did you ask, how did you solve the issue). [try to have project that are meaning full and can be translated to the industry] also answer them using the STAR model   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was only STAR method- questions of how you would handle certain situations. There was no technical parts, nothing that tested actual capacity, they just look for buzz words and ask you generalized questions to see if you can work in the job to a basic extent- effectively they look more heavily at resume than character or capacity.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to inform your boss of a problem.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event in February 2017 out in Littleton, CO. The event was from 7:30 AM to about 1 PM. Booking the flight, hotel and rental car was a breeze. Breakfast was provided and then we were guaranteed two interviews with hiring managers that were interested in us. The group of interviewees there were of all different background types, from business and finance to engineering. The interviews themselves were straightforward and mainly behavioral questions based on the STAR format. Overall it was a pleasant experience and everyone was very welcoming and excited that we were there. While we were eating several employees shared their experiences, good and bad, with Lockheed and allowed us to ask questions.

The only poor part of this experience was the followup. We were told we should hear back in approximately two weeks on the status. Never heard back and wasn't provided any details as to who my recruiter was so I contacted the HR rep that initially contacted me about 5 weeks later. Got a prompt reply about my recruiter so I contacted that individual. Got a prompt reply that was positive and gave some detail to the situation. I was told that I should be contacted once final decisions have been made by the hiring manager. Still haven't heard back and its been over 10 weeks. You never know exactly what is happening in the background with these large companies. They could be waiting for a contact to be obtained or what not, so I honestly never expect a final result to be given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Home Gardens, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Home Gardens, CA).

Interview

Sent in my resume and a couple weeks later they phoned me and scheduled a phone interview with me. Good interviewing process, a little on the easy side. They phoned me and we did the entire interview over the phone. They were friendly and professional. They asked a lot of Java based questions. The personality questions were pretty straightforward as well. All in all, it was positive interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your team lead disagreed on something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate as I was happy with the offer.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

I put in for the job, got an interview over the phone. It was more of a conversation of my resume and two days later signed my offer letter.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by a HR recruiter following submission of application to job portal. They were nice enough to arrange travel to their location on their dime. Went through a standard presentation of what the company was about, then myself and other applicants were told to wait in a common area to speak with hiring manager. Typically, you speak to two or three of them at a time to find your fit. The interview is more behavioral and less technical - they will still ask a few technical questions, but also be ready for the STAR format stuff.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most technically challenging project you have ever done? Was it alone or in a group?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It took two months from my application to actually get the interview after repeatedly being asked to attend next-day, out-of-state interviews. I was finally given a week's notice and showed up to the interview. On-site, most of the employees were very friendly, and they provided food. I sat with other candidates for two to three hours before being escorted to an interview room.

My actual interview lasted half an hour. The employees interviewing me weren't given prior notice and struggled to think of questions to ask. I was given no time to ask questions and was told I'd hear from the company in three days. Later that day I received two forms to fill out, mostly related to security clearances. It was only two months later that I finally received a form rejection.

I feel that the process was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in October and got an email to schedule an interview in December. Interview was scheduled for a month later at the office in Fort Worth. The interview was casual and mainly involved conversation with the 2 interviewers, both of which would be the boss. Interview included meeting future coworkers in the department.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting and had a few employee referrals. Went in to the office for two back-to-back 30-minute interviews with senior managers. Mostly behavioral questions. They don't expect you to know everything about Lockheed's line of business, but they went to see that you are anxious to learn. They called me two days later and congratulated me and getting the job. About 8 business days later the offer paperwork came through.