Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I was contacted after sending some resumes in and also talking to a college recruiter. My interview was short and was more of a discussion about the job itself and my qualifications/hobbies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very simple and was through a recruiter through a conference at the career fair. Took me to the back where I waited to be interviewed by a manager. He was very easy to talk to and simple for both of us to get what we needed to talk about.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Interview was nice, informal and non technical. I heard back in a reasonable time frame> onboarding process did take a while though. I interviewed with 3 managers and met the people I would then be working with if I was extended the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with questions regarding resume and experience followed by an in person interview with tour of facilities. In person interview was very laid back. Few technical and behavioral questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, they did not try to throw you off guard they ask reasonable questions: describe a project you worked on and that had a problem and what was the outcome (they asked that question in about 3 different ways) so have multiple projects you've worked on and there out come. They want to know a project that had a failure in it, and how you rose above it and solved the problem. They also need to know that you've had a project that didn't go the way you planed and what solutions you provided, as well as, did they go with your solution or a different one. If they went with a different one that isn't a failure (talk about how you supported and improved it). They ask all these questions expecting and asking you to answer using STAR so exp (Situation, Task, Actions, and Results

Interview Questions

• Has there been a project that there was a problem that occurred (what was the problem and how was is resolved). Has there been a project that you needed to ask for help (what was the problem,who did you ask, how did you solve the issue). [try to have project that are meaning full and can be translated to the industry] also answer them using the STAR model   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Middletown, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was more or less strait forward with several different forms. I had to fill out a few more forms than average due to my work history, but still relatively painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a 1-2 hour presentation on the company with a group of interviewees. Broke off and had a couple of interviews then met back for lunch. Had another interview and then went on a tour of all the facilities. Very long day for an interview and seemed very pointless and redundant.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was called in for a series of interviews. They all took place in one afternoon. I spoke with my eventual manager, one of his technical leads, and another employee whom I haven't ever worked with again. Each interview was one-on-one, and I recall more personality-type questions than technical. Of course they wanted to hear about my experience as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.

Interview Questions

• I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange.   Answer Question

The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a MAES conference in Houston, Texas and was offered an interview on the spot upon him reviewing my resume. At that point, I was put on a waiting list and then taken to the back for an interview. The interview questions consisted mainly of the recruiter asking me about projects and coursework that were on my resume. Apart from that, he asked what particular division I would like to work for if I were offered a job and why. Since I was asked for an interview on the spot, I wasn't prepared and hadn't researched Lockheed Martin prior to the interview so I'm pretty sure that's why I did not advance in the interview process. Some advice: Always research the companies you want to work for in advance just in case a surprise interview comes your way.

Interview Questions

• What division of Lockheed Martin appeals to you most and if a position was offered, what would you choose?   Answer Question