Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with questions regarding resume and experience followed by an in person interview with tour of facilities. In person interview was very laid back. Few technical and behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with a 1-2 hour presentation on the company with a group of interviewees. Broke off and had a couple of interviews then met back for lunch. Had another interview and then went on a tour of all the facilities. Very long day for an interview and seemed very pointless and redundant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a MAES conference in Houston, Texas and was offered an interview on the spot upon him reviewing my resume. At that point, I was put on a waiting list and then taken to the back for an interview. The interview questions consisted mainly of the recruiter asking me about projects and coursework that were on my resume. Apart from that, he asked what particular division I would like to work for if I were offered a job and why. Since I was asked for an interview on the spot, I wasn't prepared and hadn't researched Lockheed Martin prior to the interview so I'm pretty sure that's why I did not advance in the interview process. Some advice: Always research the companies you want to work for in advance just in case a surprise interview comes your way.

Interview Questions

• What division of Lockheed Martin appeals to you most and if a position was offered, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted with an interview with Hiring Manager and HR person? Asked fairly typical questions:

-What's your bissest failure?
    -What's your biggest success?
    -What kind of people do you not like to work with?
    -What kind of people do you most like to work with?

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with Lockheed at a campus interview after the career fair. They asked several questions based on behavior. It took half an hour in a room with one interviewer. She asked questions like what is an idea of a success. Also name a time when you had to communicate with someone to fix a problem. It was a basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with someone on your team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2009.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview questions. I interviewed with an older gentlemen who seemed rather stern and cold. Surprisingly only took about 20 minutes. Questions that stood out (as far as I can remember) were pretty stale standard ones like tell me about a time when you had to take the lead in a project ... or had to deal with a conflict and how you came about resolving it and what the overall outcome was. I think my mistake may have been that I did not ask enough questions at the end (although I did ask some pretty good ones) so make sure you have not only done research on the company and position but that you have thought of some good, intelligent questions to ask. That's how you sell you interest in the position, because apparently showing up well prepared for the onslaught of questions is not enough, you all know how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take the lead in a project, and what the outcome was, etc,etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about at time when you had to deal with a conflict with someone you were working with, why it came up, how it was dealt with, and what the result was.   Answer Question