Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.4

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

After a multiple of reschedules and dinner cancellations. I flew down to the Moorestown facility. The day before my stay, I was kicked out of the hotel. This kinda brought me a red flag between the company's relationship with the local businesses. So I went down to stay at another hotel. I went to sleep like at 3 in the morning, and I was determined that I wouldn't be going to the hiring event. The next day I had been woken up by recruiter calls and when I woke up, it was already 3 hrs late. After a slight hesitation, I went to the interview and went through the interview. I didn't prepare anything and had no idea what they were doing there nor what position was I being interviewed for. The managers were kind enough to offer an interview for a namesake. I just mumbled along. I had a good tour of the facility and the campus was very nice. Lockheed isn't a company you want to work for if you are serious about engineering, but just the pay or the benefits. Don't be fooled if the interviewers are super-nice, they won't even respond nor any feedback once you leave the facility. There is an interview evaluation sheet you will be given at the end.

Interview Questions

• The managers seemed to be asking me, just for the sake of asking something. Whether you are a team player, work overtime, team conflict handling, questions from the resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very simple and easy. They had a lot of spaces opening and really just wanted to know where you could fit. They have a mindset where they know they can teach you things so they just want to know if you are capable of learning and applying it to benefit their company.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event about 2 weeks after applying on the company’s web site. Had 3 interviews, each one went into great detail about my experience on my resume followed with behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and it was a great experience. It is pretty clear Lockheed Martin knows what they are looking for in candidates and their preparation and methods make the nightmare of interviewing quite enjoyable.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It took two months from my application to actually get the interview after repeatedly being asked to attend next-day, out-of-state interviews. I was finally given a week's notice and showed up to the interview. On-site, most of the employees were very friendly, and they provided food. I sat with other candidates for two to three hours before being escorted to an interview room.

My actual interview lasted half an hour. The employees interviewing me weren't given prior notice and struggled to think of questions to ask. I was given no time to ask questions and was told I'd hear from the company in three days. Later that day I received two forms to fill out, mostly related to security clearances. It was only two months later that I finally received a form rejection.

I feel that the process was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very relaxed, and formal. The managers did a fantastic of making the interview as non stressful as possible. There were literally no technical questions asked. Just questions on your experience and skills you have listed on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

College Student Tech Spec Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

No direct technical questions, all behavioral. I had to specifically gear my answers towards my technical skills in order to demonstrate my knowledge and capabilities. Received an email 1-2 months after applying asking to schedule a phone interview that week. Completed the interview 2 days later, and heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked in a team - what went well, what didn't go well? How did you handle any issues that arose?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brought in for lunch. Then interviewed with two different managers. Interviewers were very friendly. The actual questions were all behavioral, "tell me about you resume"-type questions.

We were told during the day that they pass resumes to other managers internally, which was a nice thing to hear. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member was difficult to work with   Answer Question

Contracts Negotiator Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an offer within two days of my interview, and am currently still in the background check process. So far, the entire process has taken approximately a month.

I was suddenly sent an extremely last-minute email notifying me that I've been invited to interview with the company in two days. In addition, I was invited to an optional complementary dinner the night before. I chose to go to the dinner, as it's nice to get to know some of the hiring managers prior to interviewing and just being able to network with other candidates and Lockheed Martin employees. The HR specialist I was in contact with about the event was very slow to respond, which is probably the only negative part of my experience. She did not book my hotel room (DoubleTree, very nice) until the day of, so I was literally planning my trip the day of. Although it was a hassle getting there, and I'd experienced a near anxiety attack along the way thanks to public transportation never being on time, it was certainly worth it. I had the privilege of meeting and sitting with the three hiring managers I would be interviewing with the next day. The dinner was certainly a little awkward at first -- everyone was standing in little circles and I had no idea what to do, but luckily some other candidates came in and approached me for conversation. We got an informal overview of the Early Career Developmental Program (ECDP) all recent college hires are enrolled in, and we got to ask some questions. I would definitely suggest asking at least one question to set yourself apart from other candidates if you find yourself in a similar situation.

The day of the interview was rather nice. The hotel provided a shuttle bus to and from the event, and LM provided free breakfast and lunch from Panera. Everyone was really so kind and personable. Prior to interviewing, we were given a formal overview of the ECDP, along with some background info on the company. We were also given an itinerary upon arriving which contained our interviewing schedule for the day. There were three interviews, with each one lasting a total of 30 minutes. After each interview was a 30 minute break. While some of us interviewed, others waited. I was primarily asked behavioral questions testing things like: leadership skills, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, writing skills, etc. I actually went through Glassdoor interview reviews to pick out behavioral questions I thought I would have trouble coming up with a response on the spot, thought about it, wrote down some answers, and practiced them. While I was not asked any of those questions, I was still able to apply some of the examples I had written down in response to other questions. Each interviewer was incredibly kind and easy to talk to. I read so many people say they really make you feel comfortable, and I was unsure if it would be the same for me, as well, but it really was. Trust me, you'll probably be nervous for a total of five minutes at most as long as you prepare responses! Use my interview question tactic, and you'll do great. The questions are worded really oddly, though, and the hiring managers will tell you that if you have the opportunity to network with them prior to the interview day, so try not to get too thrown off by them like I did at first.

Also, here's a tip: you really only have to impress one manager, not all three, as they're all looking to hire someone for their own team. It's possible that you might get hired for a position you didn't apply for, as not all hiring managers you interview with will work within the department the position you applied for belongs to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to write a report with someone who others consider difficult to work with, and how did you successfully complete it? (or something like that)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you underwent sudden changes and how did you react to them? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event with 14 other candidates. Someone gave a presentation about the specific area they were hiring for and the types of interview questions we could expect. Lockheed Martin does behavioral interviews with the STAR method. Every candidate got at least two interviews with some having three. I had three interviews with different hiring managers that worked on different projects. The entire process made me feel like Lockheed cared for my success and that they were cheering for me to do well.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for an issue that I knew was coming in a project or a job?   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions about my resume and elaborating on the projects I've worked on and the classes I've taken.   Answer Question