Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2016

2.7

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had applied online in August 2015 for an internship and then received the email for interview at an undisclosed location in march in March 2016, having no other contact in between. I showed up to the office and sat down in a conference room with about 10 other candidates. We were all very academically successful and qualified for the positions but as it turns out there was no position available at all. That's right, what they told us first thing was there were no positions because they had waited too long and security clearances would in no way happen by the summer. The interviews would just be for clearances. We were each interviewed by 3 different people who were just reading of a worksheet and filling it out based on our responses to each question. I think the company severely over estimates the usefulness of an 'off the sheet' interview and most certainly misses out on understanding the capability of candidates. I know this review could be perceived as, "he is just bitter there wasn't a job", but the truth is having interviewed more recently with companies in the same industry, Lockheed really is lacking a solid candidate recruiting program. The interviews were a while ago so i apologize for not remembering more questions.

Senior Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA).

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with a panel of senior people on the contract. It was mostly questions about my experience and if I had experience with certain technologies. After they asked me their questions, I started to ask a bunch of question I had for them. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Just questions about my work history and my experience with certain presented technologies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was sent over an offer, which I initially said no to, but they offered a higher salary to match another offer I had. I accepted the offer after that.

Principal Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very slow, with multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name the most challenging work situation and what you did to resolve it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was protracted, but under the circumstances in line with industry standards. Was shifted from one recruiter in Fla to another in Md. Fla recruiter was knowledge and exhibited seasoned and experienced HR and recruiting qualities. MD recruiting office was not as seasoned as the Fla office.

Interview Questions

• No major challenges with questions in the field being recruited for. Small COI and limited knowledge overall.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Left 20% more money on the table. Attempted to negotiate and settled for significantly less than what was later discovered. No complaints but made it clear departing the company would become a reality if inconsistencies in compensation based on skill sets were observed.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA).

Interview

Interviewed in 2003 as a strategic hire, so LM knew they wanted me before the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, since the offer they made me was good, and I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

This was a very professional and thorough process. I would have been disappointed had it not been performend any other way.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was poorly prepared for this portion of the process.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Reston, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very detailed. I spoke with people who actually worked in the field. I spoke with management and technical specialists who were interested in me. They made me feel comfortable in the hiring process and even showed me the working environment. I met briefly with the government client and got a feel for the culture and that helped me with my decision to join this team.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing for Lockheed Martin in five years?   1 Answer