Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied over 3 months ago and got an email offer for a phone interview. I interviewed with two engineers over the phone who happened to be in different places at that time. In the email, it stated that it was going to be a purely behavioral interview but during the actual interview I was also asked a few technical questions, so just be ready for anything. The interview was set to last about 30 minutes, but mine ended up being about 45 minutes because I asked a lot of questions and talked a lot about the technical things related to the job.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Quickest interview process I've experienced. 2-3 45 min. informal interviews. Interviewers reviewed your resume thoroughly beforehand, and were open to questions. Make sure to clarify anything that may not be clear when they describe the role your are applying for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later about an interview. Went in for the interview and was interviewed by two people. Asked general questions, nothing specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member was slacking off. What did you do about it and what was the results.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

She was only concerned about my gpa, graduation date, my willingness to relocate and why I wanted to join Lockheed Martin.

Very short interview. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• She asked what my favorite class was.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

First I went to the job fair on campus. There I was selected for an on-campus interview with an engineer (who might be seeking for an intern). The main purpose of this interview to determine if I was a good fit for the company culture. If you do well, then supposedly you get some sort of flag on your online LM account. After that they refer you to apply online for the positions you like. If you do well on the on-campus interview than supposedly you will "stand out" or have higher chance to get a call from HR. But that was not the case for me. The person interviewing me during my on-campus interview liked me and asked me if I would be interested in a specific position. I contacted the person later and got the interview.

Interview was on LM site. It was with 3-4 people and a senior manager of the department I was applying to. I had two interviews that day. First one was a panel interview and the second one was with the senior manager. First interview was mainly get-to-know-you kind of interview but I was asked some technical questions and about my previous experience.

Two weeks after the interview I was offered the position and after that I did the necessary paperwork and drug test. Hiring process was simple for me but my fellow interns, who were from out of California, complained about HR not being fast for the relocation process.

Interview Questions

• I was initially told that there would be no technical questions but I was asked several technical questions related to my previous work experience. There was not anything specifically difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for interns.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

They e-mailed me and asked if i was interested in an on-site interview. I accepted. Everything was paid. including hotel. The interview was 2 Lead engineers and an HR interview. there were about 6 other candidates at this interview and they had a presentation before the interviews.

They asked STAR questions and one interviewer asked a technical question which was very distracting as i had only prepared for the STAR part.

Basically they want to know how you work in a group setting and handle challenges. Thats what they are looking for. Is your fit at their company and your group interactions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you felt unprepared to handle a situation and what you did to deal with it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call from one of the Software Engineering Managers. He asked me a couple of questions (education, project and work experience), and then said he would like to fly me up to San Jose for an onsite interview. I told him what day I was available, and he set up 4 back-to-back interviews for that date. Each of the interviews were 30 minutes long (everyone went over - there is so much to talk about and ask!). The people there were very accommodating - asked if I needed water or anything else. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about past experiences.   1 Answer
    • Object-Oriented/coding questions: Given an array (you don't know the size), make an array that has the elements in the opposite order.
      Given classes Employee and Manager. Manager inherits from Employee. If you initialize two Employees, and set the second one to a new Manager, and print the ID, will the print statement come from Employee or Manager class function/method.
      1 Answer