Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of subject matter experts. Each panelist had a copy of my resume which listed; in a billeted fashion, my knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) that related to the position job description. For the most part they would refer to these KSAs and ask me to comment or elaborate further.

Interview Questions

• Start out by introducing yourself and give us an idea of your background and interests.   Answer Question
  • They would ask if I had work experience; not just knowledge or education, in a specific technical area.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Special facility where they do hiring. Laid back atmosphere. Typically you'll interact with 3-4 people on the team you'll be working for, and they are looking to make sure you have the skills they desire.

Interview Questions

• The asked what was the accomplishment you were most proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

First step: phone interview - the manager discussed the position and then I spoke about myself, more conversational and less formal of an interview. Second step: in-person interview - I went to the site and had another discussion with the manager, and then met the team I would work with.

Interview Questions

• What types of work have you done in the past? How would that prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Internal - Easy. Reviewed online Req and submitted via their internal process (easier if you keep your resume on file). Got contacted by hiring manager quickly and interview process was informal

Interview Questions

• How does my previous experience lend itself to the posted position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

They took a month to call. Once they called the interview was not that hard at all. It was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

The compensation in Marietta, GA was below par. I was getting offers that were $10K more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

This was an internal job transfer interview and I knew one of the interviewers. The interview went well, but I didn't hear back until the day I was to be laid off. Then it was my own manager who informed me that I did not make the cut. I thought that it would have been a nice gesture for a guy who knew me to call me and tell me that he had hired someone else. Grow a pair!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the customer watching every move you make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2010.

Interview

Okay, but most of my skills and capability was ignored because they had a contract that needed filling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was either accept it or bye.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager that you will potential work for where he/she basically see if you are qualified and will fit in well with their team.
    Then the onsite interview will consist of the functional manager and the hiring managers depending on how many managers are interested in making an offer to you to join there group so depending on the number of people on the panel it may last as long as 3 hrs or more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to fix a major design flaw that made it thru the Critical Design Review.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair negotiation phase excellent relocation package and signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I applied to a possible using their online system, then received an e-mail about 2 months later for an on-site interview. The recruiter forgot to send me the travel information and had to be postponed a few days later.

The on-site interview consists of gather desired candidates and interviews them in a round-robin manner with half an hour time slots for each. The interview day was divided into two sessions. The morning was a group of 20 or so candidates and the afternoon session was around 30.

No real hard interview questions. It was the basic routine of getting to know a person's background to see if it was a good fit.

One of the interviewer was impressed and was willing to proceed to the next step. But a few days later, I received a notice saying that they will look for candidates within the organization instead. That was a waste of time. If they wanted internal candidates, then why bother inviting candidates from outside the organization.