Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It took two months from my application to actually get the interview after repeatedly being asked to attend next-day, out-of-state interviews. I was finally given a week's notice and showed up to the interview. On-site, most of the employees were very friendly, and they provided food. I sat with other candidates for two to three hours before being escorted to an interview room.

My actual interview lasted half an hour. The employees interviewing me weren't given prior notice and struggled to think of questions to ask. I was given no time to ask questions and was told I'd hear from the company in three days. Later that day I received two forms to fill out, mostly related to security clearances. It was only two months later that I finally received a form rejection.

I feel that the process was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in November and was flown out to Fort Worth, TX for a hiring event in January. The interview was behavioral and the two people interviewing me were great. Overall, the whole event was fun but communicating with the recruiter was terrible. The recruiter did not respond to follow up emails nor questions about the hiring event. I was told I would hear back 2-4 weeks after the interview, however, I did not. I enjoyed the experience but would have liked the courtesy of being contacted that I did not get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Applied on the lockheed martin website around December. Heard back from HR around April that i was selected for an interview and then setup a phone interview. Afterwards was offered an in person interview in syracuse. Both interviews where STAR type behavioral questions followed by a single coding type question.

Interview Questions

• Solve a Fizz Buzz Test, print out fizz is multiple of 3 or buzz if multiple of 5 and fizz buzz if both.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Eagan, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and about two weeks later I received an invitation to come on site for an interview. When I got there, I had to wait an additional 15 minutes (I came 20 minutes early) in the lobby for the interviewer to show. Once she arrived, she showed me around and took me to her office where we conducted the interview. She was obviously distracted by many things going on in her office. She would constantly text someone on her cell phone while I was explaining things on my resume, and then interrupt me telling me that there was supposed to be another person interviewing me at the same time and was running late. (He never showed up.) In the middle of the interview, she received a phone call. She told me to pause my thoughts and went to pick it up. It was an unknown number so she didn't pick it up, and freaked out a bit. She then told me to continue where I left off while the phone was ringing. After I finished my statement, she looked at her cell phone, and cried out that I wasn't supposed to be there, and that I was supposed to be at another technical interview with the Team Lead and the Chief Architect, which I was not told or asked about.

The Team Lead and the Chief Architect didn't seem pleased to be there. They asked me very basic questions both relating to Computer Science and my resume, which threw me off. After sometime, the first interviewer came back and again stated that I wasn't supposed to be there. The interview was apparently only scheduled for 30 minutes but went for an hour. I finally got to ask some of my questions, like "what is the culture of the company like?" and they 'didn't know' the answer to any of my questions. Everything felt very rushed, and unorganized, like it was spur of the moment even though I had scheduled the interview far in advanced.

When I left, the interviewer said that they would have a decision made in less than two weeks. About a month later I emailed them back asking about the decision and why I was a good candidate, and if they needed anything, etc. and the reply I got was

"So sorry, but no decision has been made yet. And, the hiring managers would let me know if they needed anything else."

Next day I got an answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a class?
      What is inheritance, and examples?
      What is an interface?
      Stuff about my resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I got an email asking when i could come in for an interview, and was given a date in 2 weeks. They pay for accommodations in the form of a hotel, rental car, and a flight. The day begins with a slideshow presentation with breakfast for about an hour, followed by the interviews. There are 3 interviewers who question you for 25 minutes each, mostly behavioral questions and questions about experience. If you have had experience working on a team for a project, it will be easy to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Code (on paper) a program that will print the numbers from 1 to 15, however when the number is a multiple of 3 it will print "Whiz". If the number is a multiple of 5, print "Bang." If the number is a multiple of 3 and 5 print "Whiz Bang".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a group of people getting interviewed. They gave everyone at least 2 interviews, some people had 3. The interviews themselves weren't very hard. They asked very few technical questions, just mostly behavioral questions. They use the STAR type questions. They ask about a certain situation and you are supposed to respond with the task, actions you took, and the end result. If you can do that, you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in a job or a group project that you had to deal with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at a conference I attended. I was told that I would have a follow up on site interview, then I was told the date had been changed and was never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to working for one company for a large part of your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. They mainly asked me behavioral questions, and the hiring manager also wanted to know my programming experience and technical experience. I also explained some of my former projects and research. Make sure to ask good questions towards the end of the interview! Overall, the interview was great, and I learned a great deal about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulties in a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview. Mostly Personality based and what you know. Not very technical. Sat down with several members and discussed the various positions offered. Were able to answer all of my questions clearly and were very approachable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you've been a part of?   1 Answer