Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview followed by an interview in person. The company provided transportation assistance to the interview location. There were several interviewers that each asked both technical and behavioral questions to all the candidates. I was made aware that I received the position a few months after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very inviting and focused on figuring out what your interests and project experience are. Conversational and equally focused on your professionalism as well as your technical abilities. Be able to talk about all projects you've described in your resume and have questions prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a University Day event at the RMS location in Baltimore. They paid for flight, hotel, rental car, and was willing to reimburse on food. We went through workshops and mock interviews the first day, and the second day we had actual interviews. He did not go over my resume, just talked about the position and what it entailed. Ask a few pop up technical questions within his stories .

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and got invited to an onsite interview about a month later. The interview consisted of a presentation, then two in person interviews with different team leads. Also they were interview about 20 other people that day as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had trouble working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2017.

Interview

After getting a reference and writing a cover letter, I had a single phone interview. It went very well. I spoke with the hiring manager directly, he was very nice and focused on asking technical questions and the contents of my resume. The technical questions weren't too detailed and if you have a 4 year degree in computer science you should at least know the terms mentioned. If you don't know the terms mentioned, you definitely need to show enthusiasm to learn. I was asked about my level of proficiency in C++ (do you know how to write template classes?), the internships I had in the past, my experience with developing for real time operating systems (mention Rate Monotonic and Earliest Deadline First algorithms), my experience with Agile methodology (through internships and classes), whether I knew a design pattern (and what design patterns are), what kinds of platforms I was used to developing on (should know windows and linux). And that's about all I can remember. Make sure you have some good questions for the hiring manager. You should be asking about the team, how people work together and what the team needs are.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview. The first one was a phone interview with the team lead and he only asked questions related to my resume. He just wanted some clarification on what I had listed on my previous experiences. The second round was a panel interview over the phone. I was on my last week of school so I was busy with finals and graduation so that's why it was another phone interview. They had three people on the panel, the same team lead, a technical lead, and someone from HR. They asked mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical questions. They weren't too hard, they don't expect you to know everything, especially in an associate position. Overall they were extremely professional while also maintaining a friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The first interview was by phone. They asked questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses. The second interview was at the company office.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Behavioral questions and questions about your technical background. They use your responses to see if you have a strong enough technical background. There was a panel with about 5 hiring managers who ask you questions and tell you about the teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about challenging projects?   Answer Question