Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a phone interview followed by an interview in person. The company provided transportation assistance to the interview location. There were several interviewers that each asked both technical and behavioral questions to all the candidates. I was made aware that I received the position a few months after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview. The first one was a phone interview with the team lead and he only asked questions related to my resume. He just wanted some clarification on what I had listed on my previous experiences. The second round was a panel interview over the phone. I was on my last week of school so I was busy with finals and graduation so that's why it was another phone interview. They had three people on the panel, the same team lead, a technical lead, and someone from HR. They asked mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical questions. They weren't too hard, they don't expect you to know everything, especially in an associate position. Overall they were extremely professional while also maintaining a friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. The first interview was by phone. They asked questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses. The second interview was at the company office.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Behavioral questions and questions about your technical background. They use your responses to see if you have a strong enough technical background. There was a panel with about 5 hiring managers who ask you questions and tell you about the teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about challenging projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Eagan, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and about two weeks later I received an invitation to come on site for an interview. When I got there, I had to wait an additional 15 minutes (I came 20 minutes early) in the lobby for the interviewer to show. Once she arrived, she showed me around and took me to her office where we conducted the interview. She was obviously distracted by many things going on in her office. She would constantly text someone on her cell phone while I was explaining things on my resume, and then interrupt me telling me that there was supposed to be another person interviewing me at the same time and was running late. (He never showed up.) In the middle of the interview, she received a phone call. She told me to pause my thoughts and went to pick it up. It was an unknown number so she didn't pick it up, and freaked out a bit. She then told me to continue where I left off while the phone was ringing. After I finished my statement, she looked at her cell phone, and cried out that I wasn't supposed to be there, and that I was supposed to be at another technical interview with the Team Lead and the Chief Architect, which I was not told or asked about.

The Team Lead and the Chief Architect didn't seem pleased to be there. They asked me very basic questions both relating to Computer Science and my resume, which threw me off. After sometime, the first interviewer came back and again stated that I wasn't supposed to be there. The interview was apparently only scheduled for 30 minutes but went for an hour. I finally got to ask some of my questions, like "what is the culture of the company like?" and they 'didn't know' the answer to any of my questions. Everything felt very rushed, and unorganized, like it was spur of the moment even though I had scheduled the interview far in advanced.

When I left, the interviewer said that they would have a decision made in less than two weeks. About a month later I emailed them back asking about the decision and why I was a good candidate, and if they needed anything, etc. and the reply I got was

"So sorry, but no decision has been made yet. And, the hiring managers would let me know if they needed anything else."

Next day I got an answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a class?
      What is inheritance, and examples?
      What is an interface?
      Stuff about my resume.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Submitted a resume at a university career fair and received a call back to interview. Scheduled the interview and met with the functional manager of the program. Met with functional manager and discussed the position and my background at school. Met another engineer and discussed in his office in the program. After an unexpected contract loss (the reason why I was being hired), I was transferred to interview with a different program.

The overall experience was reasonable and smooth.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what a virtual method was.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. They mainly asked me behavioral questions, and the hiring manager also wanted to know my programming experience and technical experience. I also explained some of my former projects and research. Make sure to ask good questions towards the end of the interview! Overall, the interview was great, and I learned a great deal about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulties in a group project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2007.

Interview

I came in to an interview session where there were dozens of other interviewees which actually helped me to remain calm. They served beverages and bagels and the human resources staff were extremely friendly. You get called in for at least one (I had 3) one on one or two on one interviews where they discuss your resume your background etc, typical interview stuff. Once the day was over I went hope feeling good, and received an email about a week or so later letting me know that I have a choice between two positions.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, but difficult to navigate. Since there are many jobs to apply for, and multiple positions you interview for during college hiring days. I interviewed for 3 different jobs on the same day, and was offered a position from one of them. Overall it was an easy experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you print the prime numbers between 1 and 100 efficiently? Can you think of a second way to achieve this?   Answer Question