Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the interested department and one of his lead software engineers. The interview was very conversational and personality based, only a few formal questions were asked. Very little technical information was requested or tested. Both interviewers were highly personable and friendly, relatively relaxed atmosphere. Although I did not receive an offer, I would say this interview was worth the experience alone.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired today, how would you prepare for your first day of work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Greenbelt, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I've been contacted by Lockheed recruiters multiple times, but with the exception of this particular interview it had never gone anywhere. This time they forwarded my information to a hiring manager, who gave me a phone screen and detailed the position.

During the phone screen, while technical topics were discussed, there was no 'quiz show' factor. It was very conversational and cordial. I was invited for an in person interview, which lasted two or three hours. There I met with some managers and potential teammates. The interview was pleasant and the work sounded interesting. Everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions

The offer was not very competitive. I would have accepted an offer that had competitive salary and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up a meeting. I scheduled a day and drove up and had an hour long interview with the manager and another member of my team. They asked me no technical questions and asked me to explain things that I had on my resume. They in turn let me ask questions, and so I did. As I left, I asked the manager why there weren't any technical questions and he said that if you managed to graduate then they assume you know the base knowledge. Talking about stuff on your resume let them know whether you knew your stuff or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had another offer and so they were able to match my new offer to just a little under the other offer, which I preferred since the other offer was a lot farther from home than I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Grove City, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency about a contract opportunity at Lockheed Martin and given an opportunity to interview by phone. The interview was around 25 minutes long with an HR manager and a project team lead, and we discussed my academic experiences, projects, experience developing software in teams, and proficiency with certain version control software. My answers seemed to impress them, although I was surprised by the lack of direct behavioural and technical questions. About a week later I was notified through the staffing agency I had been offered the position. Still no further technical questions, so I think they really place a lot of emphasis on your personality and enthusiasm in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you programmed in a team.

What kinds of version control software have you used or are familiar with?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Lockheed Martin came to my school and basically told everyone to apply online. I put in an online application and had a phone call a few weeks later asking me some basic questions (when do I graduate, where would I want to work, etc). A few weeks later they sent me an email on Thursday asking if I could come to their Orlando office on Friday. Since it was very short notice and I had other school/work obligations, I asked to reschedule. They offered another date a few weeks out which I accepted.

Interview Day

Lockheed gave me a hotel and rental car to get to their office. Everything was smooth and I had no issues with that. The morning security instructions were a bit vague and took some time getting a security badge for the day. The interview day began with about 20 or so applicants being brought in. We were given some breakfast foods (donuts and pastries) and coffee / juice. We were then brought into a large room with a projector where two employees discussed what benefits we would get and perks Lockheed offers. After that, we just remained in the room and waited for interviewers to call us out. I only had 2 interviews but some people had as many as 4. After the interviews we were given lunch and a tour of the facility. There were some really cool projects going on and some fun simulators we got to try out. After that, they just sent us home.

Overall smooth and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more of just a chat. They were relatively short, maybe 20-30 minutes each. They were more interested in seeing that you were passionate and capable over asking technical questions. We discussed things on my resume briefly and potential areas I could fit in the company.

I was asked: "What's the difference between passing a reference and passing a pointer?"
      Answer Question

Pay was much lower than what I was hoping for.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My resume was in the Lockheed Martin career system for over a year before a recruiter pulled it off the top of the stack, but the actual process from recruiter email to offer letter took a little under 3 weeks.

Phone interview followed by panel interview the following week by hiring manager + the team I would be working with. The team asked most of the questions, which were just about all behavioral or about past experiences listed on my resume. There weren't any technical questions, only questions about past experiences on how your skills were used. The first question below was the most technical question I received.

Interview Questions

• When designing an application, would you start with the back-end or the front-end?   2 Answers
    • What are 3 strengths & 3 weaknesses that your former employer or acquaintances would say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email with 2 weeks asking me to apply for another position. A few days later I got an invite to a recruiting event in King of Prussia, PA and for one on Colorado Springs, CO. They paid for everything and flew me out back to back. Interview went really well and everyone was really down to earth. Interview day was breakfast and meet and greet then 3-30 minute behavioral question with 3 different hiring managers, then lunch. Got offer for both locations about 2 weeks after (during Thanksgiving time).

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2015.

Interview

Applied to a job advertised for graduating college students. Contacted back by HR 3 days later to schedule a phone interview directly with the hiring manager. The automated email they sent confirming my interview was unclear as to who was supposed to initiate the call, and I falsely assumed that they would call me. I waited 15 minutes past the scheduled interview time before I tried to call in, and got no answer. I contacted HR and they scheduled another interview the next morning.

I then called in to the hiring manager, who was very nice and understanding about the confusion the day before. It was a very casual conversation where he talked a lot about the position and we went over my experience and interests. No direct interview-style questions were asked at all, not even STAR questions. Just basic "Tell me about this thing on your resume" type questions. It almost seemed like with the language that he was using that based on my resume and cover letter they had already decided to give me an offer, and were just making sure I wasn't weird and could talk.

The next day my HR contact called me and gave me an offer (with no onsite interview at all). I would say judging by this interview that potentially the resume and the cover letter hold more weight with LM than the interview itself.

This was for a position that requires a Top Secret clearance. Currently 1 month later and I just did my drug test and am going through the background check and security clearance process, which requires you to fill out, sign, and scan a ton of forms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to let me know they were considering me and wanted me to fill out a PEF, a simpler version of the SF86. They will contact you via email if they see an issue or need clarification. I was then contacted weeks later after no contact to tell me I was being interviewed. The interview event was conducted with a dozen or so managers.
    They give you the spiel about Lockheed Martin and everyone is friendly up front. You will get called two or three times by different managers. You will have an interview with them and will only be allowed a strict 30 minutes with each person. They will ask you all behavioral questions and leave very little time for questions of your own. For security reasons, they can say very little about the job itself, which makes it hard to pick the team you want to go with. You then choose the managers in the order you like the job.
    Three weeks after that, I got a very very vague email with a job offer from them. I was told my salary and that's pretty much it. I was given no phone number to call if I had more questions and no explanations as to benefits. The starting date is unknown as the next step is passing the clearance process.
    I'm glad I did my research because the average wait time for a clearance was 8-18 months! Not only that, but in that time an investigator comes and interviews everyone you know, interviews your current employer, etc... You better keep some good money stowed away because it could be several months until you get that security clearance verdict. Granted this stuff is all standard procedure with top secret security clearances, but for the pay and the complete lack of involvement throughout the HR process, I turned it down. I've also heard awful things about their job security and they just let go their entire ISGS department last June. Not worth it IMO.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. I was never asked anything technical, which makes me think they are bringing in just about anyone.   2 Answers

Lower salary of all my offers, terrible HR, horrific security clearance process. Again, the security clearance is normal but still...8-18 months they told me..

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

Was brought out to a hiring event after speaking to their booth at a conference; had a few one on one interviews there, behavioral only. Everyone there was very nice and relaxed and they got back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that involved one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer