Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.0

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and got invited to an onsite interview about a month later. The interview consisted of a presentation, then two in person interviews with different team leads. Also they were interview about 20 other people that day as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had trouble working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2017.

Interview

After getting a reference and writing a cover letter, I had a single phone interview. It went very well. I spoke with the hiring manager directly, he was very nice and focused on asking technical questions and the contents of my resume. The technical questions weren't too detailed and if you have a 4 year degree in computer science you should at least know the terms mentioned. If you don't know the terms mentioned, you definitely need to show enthusiasm to learn. I was asked about my level of proficiency in C++ (do you know how to write template classes?), the internships I had in the past, my experience with developing for real time operating systems (mention Rate Monotonic and Earliest Deadline First algorithms), my experience with Agile methodology (through internships and classes), whether I knew a design pattern (and what design patterns are), what kinds of platforms I was used to developing on (should know windows and linux). And that's about all I can remember. Make sure you have some good questions for the hiring manager. You should be asking about the team, how people work together and what the team needs are.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Getting an interview at Lockheed Martin is all about knowing someone or just getting lucky. I happened to be in the former camp and was invited to a hiring event fairly quickly. You can apply online and hope for the best as well.

The interview itself is super easy. I met with my direct manager, his co-manager, and their manager. They didn't bother asking anything too technical, but I did talk about some languages and frameworks I found interesting. Most of the interview just them making sure you're the right fit so just make sure you come across as a hard worker willing to learn.

Getting an offer takes forever thought because the HR team is super slow and you have to keep prodding every few weeks. Interviewed in early December and got the offer in early February to start working immediately.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, but difficult to navigate. Since there are many jobs to apply for, and multiple positions you interview for during college hiring days. I interviewed for 3 different jobs on the same day, and was offered a position from one of them. Overall it was an easy experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you print the prime numbers between 1 and 100 efficiently? Can you think of a second way to achieve this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview. The first one was a phone interview with the team lead and he only asked questions related to my resume. He just wanted some clarification on what I had listed on my previous experiences. The second round was a panel interview over the phone. I was on my last week of school so I was busy with finals and graduation so that's why it was another phone interview. They had three people on the panel, the same team lead, a technical lead, and someone from HR. They asked mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical questions. They weren't too hard, they don't expect you to know everything, especially in an associate position. Overall they were extremely professional while also maintaining a friendly demeanor.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2017.

Interview

Two managers went over my resume and asked about projects I had done. I was then asked some technical questions about databases and object oriented programming. A few days after that an additional manager called and asked about what I was looking for in a career long term.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between outer join and left join   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in November and was flown out to Fort Worth, TX for a hiring event in January. The interview was behavioral and the two people interviewing me were great. Overall, the whole event was fun but communicating with the recruiter was terrible. The recruiter did not respond to follow up emails nor questions about the hiring event. I was told I would hear back 2-4 weeks after the interview, however, I did not. I enjoyed the experience but would have liked the courtesy of being contacted that I did not get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event about 2 weeks after applying on the company’s web site. Had 3 interviews, each one went into great detail about my experience on my resume followed with behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and it was a great experience. It is pretty clear Lockheed Martin knows what they are looking for in candidates and their preparation and methods make the nightmare of interviewing quite enjoyable.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very relaxed, and formal. The managers did a fantastic of making the interview as non stressful as possible. There were literally no technical questions asked. Just questions on your experience and skills you have listed on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations