Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.3

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Travel to one of the sites. There were 3 interviews with 3 different people. 2 were behavioral and 1 was technical. Some question asked where to tell a time you worked in a group and you had a conflict with one of the member. For technical part, there was a coding assignment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY).

Interview

Had an in person interview in a big room with a long table with 9 people asking me questions about my resume and behavioral questions. At the end they gave me an easy coding question. After that they gave me a tour

Interview Questions

• I was just surprised that i had to solve a coding problem on a piece of paper and explain on how i solved it while doing it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting resume online, phone interview with technical team. The response took about 2 weeks from submission. Interview was informal but quite technical. Did not get past this stage. Two people on the call and shared screen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very simple and easy. They had a lot of spaces opening and really just wanted to know where you could fit. They have a mindset where they know they can teach you things so they just want to know if you are capable of learning and applying it to benefit their company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application through Lockheed Martin's career page, I received a phone call from the Manager for the SWE dev team. We talked for about 15-30 minutes about my background & security clearance (this could be seen as an initial phone screen). We set up a time for a technical interview with him and one of his SWE. The technical interview did not involve any actual coding but instead asked about my past projects, general behavioral questions, and a broad system design question to model the problem set of the specific team I had applied to (satellite communication). It lasted about 35 minutes and afterwards the manager answered any questions I had. A few days later I received an offer from the team Manager. The whole process took about 2 weeks & I spoke directly to the manager (never to HR). I received an offer from the manager after the technical phone interview (no on-site interview).

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite Object Oriented Programming project?   1 Answer
    • When did you have to innovate?
      When did you face an obstacle?   1 Answer
    • How would you model the system used for satellite communication? (team specific)   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Talked with three different managers that worked on various projects. The questions were very basic, thing such as, talk about a challenge you had to overcome, etc. They did provide breakfast which was neat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Presented as a Skype Video Conference. It was actually Skype for Business(Microsoft Lync). No one there seemed to know how video conferencing worked. The day before the interview the HR person asked me to help her get her laptop to work from home. She was not successful. The day of the interview there were four people in a room who positioned themselves so only two of them could be seen at any one time. I ended up talking to people who I could not see. Why were we video conferencing? The interviewers were unprepared and bored. One HR person I worked with left the company soon after the interview. The other HR person declined to answer my emails afterwards. So much for Lockheed's promise of interview feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview is through the phone, roughly 5-10 minutes asking questions about your experience and a brief explanation of the roles available, followed by scheduling for an in-office interview at a local office designed to recruiting. This call is done with a recruiter forwarding you application.

Second part was a full day behavioral interview session, starting from 9-9:30 to 4. Expect standard STAR type behavioral questions between 3-5 different high level members from separate teams. You will be rotating interviews with other recruits in a lobby area, and in between interviews you can chat with other candidates and members from HR and various teams. One of the 3-5 interviews will be a lunch interview where you can ask about projects, company culture, etc.

Third round of interviews occur after a call or email for scheduling a time to meet. This interview is an individual session consisting of technical questions and white board problems. Roughly 3-4 hours or 4-5 questions. You will be asked questions by 1-2 engineers in a specific project teams that they believe you to be fitted for.

After this interview, you will either set up for another round of technical interviews, or receive an offer. Questions ranged from ideas like data structures or algorithm design. Candidates are overall chosen based on they skills, fit in the company's culture, and external factors (such as ability to receive a faster security clearance compared to other candidates).

Interview Questions

• You are given both the top right and bottom left points of two squares. Write a function that returns the area in which the two squares overlap. If they don't overlap, simply return false   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts off with HR who then asks you some questions and if you are willing to relocate. If they find a suit for you, they will have an on-phone interview and then move on with a on-site interview if you seem to be a good candidate. The on-site interview is a mix of behavioral and some technical questions. You will get notified within 2 weeks if you get the offer for the position applied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project of which you worked as a team. What was your role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Spastic - the manager was a problem the entire time. They would not return my emails/phone calls until months later when I had an offer from another company.
    The recruiter actually lied to me. Several times - flat-out lies, including threats about the IRS.
    The interview itself was actually quite enjoyable. Several experienced software engineers asked relevant questions that actually gauged my skills and we engaged in friendly banter.
    Interview? Great. Pre-interview? Pretty bad, quite frustrating. Post-interview and everything with the recruiter? That person alone almost lost me for Lockheed. Lies, lies, lies.