Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

5 Rounds single Day. Offered to fly me out to location and provide rental car. Surprisingly Non-Technical. Most behavioral questions. Interviewers were friendly. Provided lunch. Most non-technical interview. 1 on 1. They let me know 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Highlands Ranch, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in a few days. The whole process was fast when it came to getting the interview. After the interview it took them two months to get back to me with a decision however. And they were very poor at communicating with me during this time. They did not respond to any emails I sent asking about the status of my application. The interview was comfortable and more about how you work on a team. They fly you out if you need it too, any pay for car rentals. So that was nice.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just asked questions about teamwork. Tell us about a time you worked on a team and there were difficulties with one of the team members. Stuff like that. There were no technical questions involving pseudo code or anything like that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Highlands Ranch, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to Denver, CO and put up in a hotel room by Lockheed Martin. The interview consisted of arriving around 8, eating breakfast provided by them until 8:45, watching a presentation about Lockheed Martin until 9, and then beginning the interview process. In total there were 9 candidates including myself and 6 managers interviewing. Each candidate got 2 interviews with 2 different managers. While we waited to be called for our interviews we were in the waiting area with a software engineer who was a recent hire (to help ease our nerves) and the other candidates. The atmosphere was very relaxed and my initial nerves were gone after hanging out in the waiting room with the engineer. He answered all of our questions about the company and got to know us.

The interviews were very relaxed and non-technical. Each one lasts about 30 minutes each. Most of the time consisted of talking about skills and experience listed on my resume with a few questions about each. Only in the second interview was I asked questions of the STAR method (only 2). Even those were relaxed and seemed to be just a formality and were not what the interview hinged on. The whole process was done around 11 am. I really enjoyed this interview process and it was the most relaxed/laid-back interview I've done so far.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to cooperate with others for a common goal?   1 Answer
    • When was a time where you innovated?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was a video conference call with engineering manager, and lasts about one and a half hours. They are very friendly, and ask applicable questions to the position. They utilized conferencing software for you to take control of their desktop in order to display your knowledge of coding in front of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone screening. Non technical questions apart from asking me about items on my resume. I spoke with members of the software engineering staff. They were very nice and told me several interesting things about the company and the work they did for their department.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you and another team member disagreed. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, got an email about a week later regarding disabilities. About a week after that, I got another from the HR rep. They flew me down, rented me a car, and put me in a hotel. The hiring event was for all of IS&GS, se we first had breakfast in a room and then 10ish managers came in. We then had 2-3 interviews with different hiring managers. Interview was very behavioral & not much was really said about the position since it was classified. Received an offer about a week after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

A 30 minute in-person interview. Interviewer did not what he was looking for and quite out of touch with any latest Software designs and software frameworks. Looked very lazy , most importantly Interviewer did not try to inform ahead of time what skills they are looking for, the skill sets he inquired with me were not mentioned at all in Resume!

What a waste of time they do. It could be that they are just doing them for statistics not intent on giving a job or what to see people how they look like!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interviewing process is a joke. Basic STAR questions. The technical questions are rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 5 on C++, Agile, etc.. If they like you then they will contact you with a job offer. I was e-mailed about week and half later that they are not extending an offer to me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

You will go to a conference room and there will be probably about 20 other interviewees. Includes Interns, full times. Then managers gather into the room and introduce themselves, telling you what role of people they are seeking. They then begin to pick people out to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where something went wrong in your project and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I emailed with a recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the Lockheed Martin hiring manager and his panel of associates. I was given some initial information about the job and department, then I was asked a series of questions by several different people consecutively. There were a lot of detailed technical questions that I was barely able to answer (I should have reviewed concepts first!), but after that I enjoyed the discussion a lot more. There was discussion of my accomplishments, as well as soft skills. At the end of the interview, I was given plenty of opportunity to ask as many questions as I liked. The whole phone interview lasted about an hour-and-a-half. Surprisingly, I was given an offer without an in-person interview. Overall, despite some tough technical questions at the beginning, I quite enjoyed the interview and everyone on the panel was very encouraging and generous.