Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.3

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Spastic - the manager was a problem the entire time. They would not return my emails/phone calls until months later when I had an offer from another company.
The recruiter actually lied to me. Several times - flat-out lies, including threats about the IRS.
The interview itself was actually quite enjoyable. Several experienced software engineers asked relevant questions that actually gauged my skills and we engaged in friendly banter.
Interview? Great. Pre-interview? Pretty bad, quite frustrating. Post-interview and everything with the recruiter? That person alone almost lost me for Lockheed. Lies, lies, lies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to interview with three different people who asked mostly personality based questions and questions based on previous projects. I was in a group of five other people who did similar things.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was great nice management and very respectful. The hiring manger was great she was very understanding and helpful on the phone and through out the hiring process. I love Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pleasant and no pressure. Interviewer was a little late but that just gave more time to prepare. The interview involved taking me into a private room where I had a one on one to confirm I was interested in the job based on my studies.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty informal, though it seemed like the manager was trying to make it seem formal. He opened up with a really long description of what the team works on and the various projects the team does. He then talked about the position available and what they're looking for in an engineer. After that, he went ahead and asked me a series of technical questions about Java, software development, operating systems, Linux, tools, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very easy-going interview process. They ask you about your projects in school and/or previous experience regarding positions you have worked for and how you have managed yourself within certain environments or skills among others.

Asking questions to the Hiring Manager at the end of the interview also lets you give you an insight of what kind of work you can expect. (very important and surprising)

Interview Questions

• How did you debug during the development of software or 'X' project?   1 Answer
    • What tools did you specifically used within 'Y' project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

5 Rounds single Day. Offered to fly me out to location and provide rental car. Surprisingly Non-Technical. Most behavioral questions. Interviewers were friendly. Provided lunch. Most non-technical interview. 1 on 1. They let me know 3 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Highlands Ranch, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me in a few days. The whole process was fast when it came to getting the interview. After the interview it took them two months to get back to me with a decision however. And they were very poor at communicating with me during this time. They did not respond to any emails I sent asking about the status of my application. The interview was comfortable and more about how you work on a team. They fly you out if you need it too, any pay for car rentals. So that was nice.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just asked questions about teamwork. Tell us about a time you worked on a team and there were difficulties with one of the team members. Stuff like that. There were no technical questions involving pseudo code or anything like that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Highlands Ranch, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I was flown out to Denver, CO and put up in a hotel room by Lockheed Martin. The interview consisted of arriving around 8, eating breakfast provided by them until 8:45, watching a presentation about Lockheed Martin until 9, and then beginning the interview process. In total there were 9 candidates including myself and 6 managers interviewing. Each candidate got 2 interviews with 2 different managers. While we waited to be called for our interviews we were in the waiting area with a software engineer who was a recent hire (to help ease our nerves) and the other candidates. The atmosphere was very relaxed and my initial nerves were gone after hanging out in the waiting room with the engineer. He answered all of our questions about the company and got to know us.

The interviews were very relaxed and non-technical. Each one lasts about 30 minutes each. Most of the time consisted of talking about skills and experience listed on my resume with a few questions about each. Only in the second interview was I asked questions of the STAR method (only 2). Even those were relaxed and seemed to be just a formality and were not what the interview hinged on. The whole process was done around 11 am. I really enjoyed this interview process and it was the most relaxed/laid-back interview I've done so far.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to cooperate with others for a common goal?   1 Answer
    • When was a time where you innovated?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round was a video conference call with engineering manager, and lasts about one and a half hours. They are very friendly, and ask applicable questions to the position. They utilized conferencing software for you to take control of their desktop in order to display your knowledge of coding in front of them.