Lockheed Martin Subcontract Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The manager was very warm and friendly. This made me more comfortable to relax and be myself. I had a previous phone interview with HR which felt like I was talking to a robot but the second interview with the manager was fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Questions were specific to the government procurement processes and my personal background. the manager wanted to know what my overall experience in placing PO's was and also wanted to test my knowledge of FAR and DFAR processes. If you've ever been in procurement or subcontracts before, the interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a situation in which you were asked to do something that you knew was wrong in order to meet contractual dates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

They were very professional and took care of all of the travel and expenses. After I applied, I went to an in person 2 on 1 interview. After that I had a final video conference interview a few days later and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you improved a process   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Email from recruiter then sent me to the interview location. The entire process was facilitated over emails, never did a phone interview or spoke with anyone via the phone until I arrived at the interview location. Interview setting was a group of 3 people, the hiring manager and two other subcontract admins.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Interview

The best interview I've ever had. The two ladies leading the interview made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Each had a last of questions and let me know that they were working together to find the right person for the team. After the interview we sat for a few minutes just chatting and getting to know one another.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

standard interview. All tell me about a time when.... One phone interview with HR then a quick call with someone from the business. Bring you in for a 'super day' interview with multiple people answer the same thing over and over. Have multiple examples to illustrate same thing.

Interview Questions

• none. Easy interview compared with consulting companies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get all the money you can up front. Do not be afraid because this is the only time to get ahead working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was invited to the aeronautical hiring event in Fort Worth. This was a half day event where you there was a panel for Q&A, two presentations, and an hour long interview. They told you that there was a possibility that the hiring managers were hiring people that day. The interview was behavioral based, but the interviewer was very relaxed and just wanted to get to know you as a person. After that I was called at noon and told another manager wanted to interview me. Everything was very nice. I never heard back from them, and was told I would hear back in a week at most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Never actually applied for this position; had applied for a similar position, and a month later received a pre-screen interview over the phone for this position much to my surprise. Pre-screening was a little awkward since it was unexpected. Received & accepted an invite to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• The email invite for the interview implied only the hiring manager would be there; in reality, it was the hiring manager, plus two additional managers.I thought the in-person interview had gone really well, and the interviewers had commented that they like my thought process. It lasted exactly 1 hour. There were no difficult questions; they were all behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Interview

Internal interview process was very informal and easy. Built a strong reputation that helped me easily make a move into a new organization/position of greater responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me to fly to Georgia for an interview. After the interview i had an offer letter with in 1 week. I asked for more money, vacation days, etc. LM refuses to negotiate with level 1 (Associate positions). The recruiter was by far the worst recruiter i've ever worked with. Took 1-2 weeks to respond to an email/phone call. Had to call the hiring manager to get a response from the recruiter. Recruiter said I would need a security clearance - turned out i did not need one when i got to LM. Because of the process (3-6 weeks to get clearance) i postponed my start date until it was completed. Had i had another offer I would have ignored LM's offer letter and went with another company. Didn't start off on a good foot.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Easy going interview. They only give you an hour total. No plant tour. Overall, easiest interview i've had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate anything. I took a pay cut to come to lockheed thinking i would make up the salary over a year or two. That never happened.

The managers vote on who the best employees are. If your at the bottom of the list, you don't get a raise. I didn't get a raise two years in a row.