Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted for the job online at the Lockheed Martin website. About a week later I was contacted asking to fill out additional information. After a week I received a request for a telephonic interview. The day of I dialed in and I was informed that the interview would have to be pushed back. Still waiting to hear back on when it is rescheduled for. They were polite, and I was understanding. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I first received an email from a recruiter inviting me to an "open house" recruiting event at a Hilton in Highlands Ranch, Colorado for positions at one of their Littleton, Colorado campuses. Upon arriving, I was asked to wait for 15 minutes or so in the lobby of the hotel, then invited to come back with a manger. We spoke briefly, then he introduced me to two managers who were more relevant to the positions I was looking for. We had a friendly conversation delving into both technical skills and "soft" skills, and at the end of it, they invited me to interview on-campus the following day.

At the on-campus interview - which was conducted in their "flagship" Littleton office with one of the most visually spectacular views I've ever seen - a project manager and senior sysadmin spoke with me about more of the details. At its conclusion, one of the recruiters told me I would hear back the following week regarding whether or not I got the position.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and forthcoming, even willing to answer negatively to some of my questions. They were as invested in ensuring that I was a good fit for the company as I was in ensuring that I would enjoy working there.

However, the next week came and went, and I did not hear back. A second week passed, then a third, then soon a month had passed. Throughout this time, I sent emails to the people with whom I spoke asking about the results of my interview, but to date I have not heard anything or received a single response of any sort. I admittedly am disappointed, as the company seemed very impressive and I strongly believe I would have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very technical questions about specific Unix commands to perform certain tasks.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2016.

Interview

Virtual interview through Microsoft Lync. Interviewed with 3 people at the same time. Fairly easy interview. Mostly spoke about my experiences and myself. Also what classes I am currently taking at school.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not completely understand something? How did you complete the task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was with one person. Basic interview. None stressful. Ask technical and nontechnical questions. It was with a bunch of other college hires. They had food at the interview. Took two days to get me a job offer back. Clearance process takes a while. It was worth the wait. I was placed on a nonclassifed program which tuned out to be a sweet program. Deff dress in a suit and tie. bring your A game. they pay you to travel to their location if you live far away. I was able to stay in a hotel and ate on their dime.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone(a customer) got angry at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy. EMailed them my offer from another other corporation. They gave me a higher pay.

Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

2 phone interviews and no face- to -face

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was sudden, LM gave me less then 24 hour notice for it. I was interviewed by 2 personnel, neither of which was a manager, they could not answer specific questions about benefits, holidays, pay... ect only give a general answer that would apply to almost any company.
    Application is lengthy and there are numerous other forms and items that have to be completed for a full background investigation. I spent 4 weeks sending in additional documentation to the background investigation company before the background investigation was complete. Recruiter was slow in response to any questions including start date and other important job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question: Would you be willing to work 45 hours a week and only get paid for 40?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very slow, the recruiter took usually a week or more each time I asked any question or when I countered the offer for more.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2011.

Interview

Currently Lockheed is interested in hiring individuals with very little experience, but they do prefer a high level of education. This allows the company to make a low offer; however, they will not negotiate, you take the offer or they move on to the next person. This is perfect for recent college graduates, but obviously not good for experienced professionals. If you are an experienced professional, expect to receive an offer lower than what you are currently making; for example, for a Systems Administrator currently making $60-$80k, expect an offer of $45-$60k. Of course, Lockheed offers a great deal of perks and the ability to set your own hours, which is certainly worth a bit of monetary compensation.

As for the interview, the company is not concerned with formalities. You'll meet with the Project Manager and discuss education. If they like you, they will advise you not to expect a large amount of compensation. The entire hiring process is very slow, between 3 and 4 months, be patient.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do NOT negotiate with Lockheed, you will not gain anything. Take the offer or leave it, you certainly do not want to burn bridges if you are considering different positions within the company.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2010.

Interview

Spent about a half hour talking to one of the IT Managers and another half hour to one of the System Leads. They each asked a few tech related questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• None really. Was asked about Active Directory and VMware.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2010.

Interview

30 minute interview, no biggie.

Interview Questions

• These are stock interviews, you either know your stuff or you don't. Focus on being a long term employee with 20+ years in the company, that's what Lockheed Martin wants. Great company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They set the price, you take it or leave it. Good wages back then, DoD cutback are drawing down all Defense Industry wages.