Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Asc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Asc Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Midwest City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter who called up to ask if I would be interested in a position that would be a good fit for me, given that she'd seen my resume in their system. I obliged and thanked her for reaching out. A couple of days later the hiring manager reached out of the blue and asked if I was free to answer a couple of basic questions. I unfortunately had another interview lined up in a couple of minutes, and had to ask him if it was okay for him to reach out in an hour and a half. He was very nice, and graciously accepted to do so. He later called me an hour and a half later, and even asked if I did well on the other interview, which I thought was nice of him. I answered basic security related questions such as Citizenship/Bankruptcy/Drug Abuse questions. The position requires a Security clearance, and that is probably why they started out with that. Later the questions turned towards my background and how my prior work experiences were/weren't related to the job description in question. After answering in ways to make them seem similar, he seemed convinced that I would be a good fit for the role. I was given the time to ask him some basic questions as well. At the end of the interview he said I should hear back from them soon. A couple of days later I was emailed another security questionnaire to fill up. And a week after that I was invited to a hiring event. They flew me out, put me up in a nice hotel, and had me attend their one hour interview the next day. This interview round consisted of three interviewers who were the head of a mega team, the head of the relevant team, and the hiring manager for the job in question. The questions were all STAR related, but were laced with technical interludes to see how well you would link your experiences to the job description in question. A pro tip would be to make sure you answer in such a way that you relate to some point or the other asked in the job description!

Didn't hear back from them after the interview happened. I had a competing offer from another similar (plane) company 2 weeks later, and I reached out to them for an update. Later I got an email from them saying the hiring team had decided to move forward with another candidate. Wanted this offer mainly to have negotiating leverage with my other company, but wouldn't have taken it up if I'd received it.

Interview Questions

• Given that your background is in X, tell us why you would be interested in working at Y here?   Answer Question
  • What kind of person are you? A follower or a leader?   Answer Question
  • What types of teams have you worked with? Individual, Small Knit, Multifunctional Cross Disciplinary?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you had to budget something for a project, and how did you go about it? Were there any difficulties?   Answer Question
  • A lot more relevant STAR questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event in February 2017 out in Littleton, CO. The event was from 7:30 AM to about 1 PM. Booking the flight, hotel and rental car was a breeze. Breakfast was provided and then we were guaranteed two interviews with hiring managers that were interested in us. The group of interviewees there were of all different background types, from business and finance to engineering. The interviews themselves were straightforward and mainly behavioral questions based on the STAR format. Overall it was a pleasant experience and everyone was very welcoming and excited that we were there. While we were eating several employees shared their experiences, good and bad, with Lockheed and allowed us to ask questions.

The only poor part of this experience was the followup. We were told we should hear back in approximately two weeks on the status. Never heard back and wasn't provided any details as to who my recruiter was so I contacted the HR rep that initially contacted me about 5 weeks later. Got a prompt reply about my recruiter so I contacted that individual. Got a prompt reply that was positive and gave some detail to the situation. I was told that I should be contacted once final decisions have been made by the hiring manager. Still haven't heard back and its been over 10 weeks. You never know exactly what is happening in the background with these large companies. They could be waiting for a contact to be obtained or what not, so I honestly never expect a final result to be given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty normal. They invited about 20-25 candidates to a hiring event. We were given a presentation for that section of the company that was there interviewing. Each candidate was given at least 2, 30 minute interviews with a manager. Each interview was casual, very normal just typical STAR method questions. Was nervous but calmed down after a few minute based on the simplicity of it all

Interview Questions

• What was one instance you supplied an idea to a team and how did it workout for you?   Answer Question