Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Asc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process from resume submission to a college hiring event invitation took about 4/5 weeks. Basically they put you in a room with 15 other applicants and managers pull you into a separate room and interview you. I had 3 interviews with 3 different managers. I wasn't asked any technical questions, however they asked a lot about my past experiences (school projects/ internships) and I was asked a couple of behavioral questions as well. I was offered a job 3 business days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last time you gave a presentation to a group. How did it go? How could you improve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Attended a college hiring day which had approximately 12-15 candidates from different universities. Each candidate had been pre-selected to interview with a number of hiring managers. the interviews were each about 30 minutes long, then you would rotate to the next hiring manager you were scheduled to interview with. Most candidates are given a break during the process. The hiring process was extremely quick. I heard back within 2 days of my interview. Everything was very well organized and moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Since I was a college student, they asked me a lot about my course work. They asked to provide examples of projects I had done in my classes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event in February 2017 out in Littleton, CO. The event was from 7:30 AM to about 1 PM. Booking the flight, hotel and rental car was a breeze. Breakfast was provided and then we were guaranteed two interviews with hiring managers that were interested in us. The group of interviewees there were of all different background types, from business and finance to engineering. The interviews themselves were straightforward and mainly behavioral questions based on the STAR format. Overall it was a pleasant experience and everyone was very welcoming and excited that we were there. While we were eating several employees shared their experiences, good and bad, with Lockheed and allowed us to ask questions.

The only poor part of this experience was the followup. We were told we should hear back in approximately two weeks on the status. Never heard back and wasn't provided any details as to who my recruiter was so I contacted the HR rep that initially contacted me about 5 weeks later. Got a prompt reply about my recruiter so I contacted that individual. Got a prompt reply that was positive and gave some detail to the situation. I was told that I should be contacted once final decisions have been made by the hiring manager. Still haven't heard back and its been over 10 weeks. You never know exactly what is happening in the background with these large companies. They could be waiting for a contact to be obtained or what not, so I honestly never expect a final result to be given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Midwest City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter who called up to ask if I would be interested in a position that would be a good fit for me, given that she'd seen my resume in their system. I obliged and thanked her for reaching out. A couple of days later the hiring manager reached out of the blue and asked if I was free to answer a couple of basic questions. I unfortunately had another interview lined up in a couple of minutes, and had to ask him if it was okay for him to reach out in an hour and a half. He was very nice, and graciously accepted to do so. He later called me an hour and a half later, and even asked if I did well on the other interview, which I thought was nice of him. I answered basic security related questions such as Citizenship/Bankruptcy/Drug Abuse questions. The position requires a Security clearance, and that is probably why they started out with that. Later the questions turned towards my background and how my prior work experiences were/weren't related to the job description in question. After answering in ways to make them seem similar, he seemed convinced that I would be a good fit for the role. I was given the time to ask him some basic questions as well. At the end of the interview he said I should hear back from them soon. A couple of days later I was emailed another security questionnaire to fill up. And a week after that I was invited to a hiring event. They flew me out, put me up in a nice hotel, and had me attend their one hour interview the next day. This interview round consisted of three interviewers who were the head of a mega team, the head of the relevant team, and the hiring manager for the job in question. The questions were all STAR related, but were laced with technical interludes to see how well you would link your experiences to the job description in question. A pro tip would be to make sure you answer in such a way that you relate to some point or the other asked in the job description!

Didn't hear back from them after the interview happened. I had a competing offer from another similar (plane) company 2 weeks later, and I reached out to them for an update. Later I got an email from them saying the hiring team had decided to move forward with another candidate. Wanted this offer mainly to have negotiating leverage with my other company, but wouldn't have taken it up if I'd received it.

Interview Questions

• Given that your background is in X, tell us why you would be interested in working at Y here?   Answer Question
    • What kind of person are you? A follower or a leader?   Answer Question
    • What types of teams have you worked with? Individual, Small Knit, Multifunctional Cross Disciplinary?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to budget something for a project, and how did you go about it? Were there any difficulties?   Answer Question
    • A lot more relevant STAR questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to a hiring event about 3 weeks later. Had 2 interviews, both were mainly about my resume or were behavioral and they expected STAR format responses. Both interviewers were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The scheduling of the interview when very quickly. Once an offer letter was sent, HR was a bit slow to respond. Everyone else was prompt in their communication and next steps.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in December 2012.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview, it was with several people at different times. The interviewer was very attentive and energetic. They asked all the basic questions as well as more focused ones regarding salary expectations and what I bring to the table that nobody else has. It was a 3 step interview, with the initial weed-out process, then the background questionnaire and then the actual interview for the position applied for.

Interview Questions

• What was my most memorable achievement in college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Received an email for on site interview. This included 2, 1on1 interviews by two managers, a tour of the facilities, with along with other candidates in the group. The interview were just STAR type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Lockheed Martin?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your weakness?   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation where one of your team members did not pull their own weight on a group project and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • What is one of your strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received the offer from HR via email. Accepted offer because it was more than I anticipated.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2008.

Interview

Applied to the company through their website, submitting to about 4 jobs. Called by the company for the interview process, and mailed travel information of how to get to and from the interview site. Setup travel through the company travel agency, flew down and back, and stayed a night. Also rented a car while there on their tab. Interviewed with four people individually. Also had a group lunch with HR lead and other interviewees where I believe we were getting judged on our interaction and appearance. Each interview lasted about 30 mins asking specific details to each job. Eventually was offered a position for a job that was not included in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I really didn't negotiate anything. I received higher than I was even imagining for my degree and college. If I could do over, I think I would have asked for a little more time, and asked for a 5% pay increase.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a referral, and was quickly scheduled for a phone interview with three people: the supervisor, someone who's worked there a long time, and someone who's only been there a few months. The interview was very relaxed, mostly talking about what the position was and occasionally asking questions.