Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Vienna, VA | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Vienna, VA

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was held on a group interview day. Myself along with about six other people had 2-3 interviews with different managers at the event. Each interview was only about 20 minutes long and was very relaxed. The interview was not very technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a month from the time I submitted my application to the time I was contacted about getting an interview, and from there, the process took one week from the interview to receive an offer. The interview was surprisingly easy. I was expecting for them to drill me with technical questions, but all the questions were focused on soft skills. At the end, I joked about it saying, "I'm relieved, I thought you were going to ask me about technical stuff." The guy who interviewed me responded by saying that the reason I was even in the room was because they thought that I was solid on the technical side. Thus, the questions were typical of every interview that I have had so far. They asked about challenges that I had to overcome, about leadership positions that I have taken over my academic career, about the internships on my resume and what skills I learned from them, etc. I would say that I am comfortable talking about these things in an interview, so the interview for me was pretty easy. The sad thing was that the offer that they ultimately extended me was incredibly low. Not only was it 8-10k below the national average for this position, but the job was located in Washington, D.C. I told my recruiter that this number undervalued my skills in the current market, especially in an incredibly expensive city, and I countered with what I found to be the national average (salary.com had it at around 66k) or the option to obtain this offer for a cheaper city. They declined the counter and I subsequently declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in Vienna, Va. Pretty simple, if you need travel assistance they will take care of everything. Lockheed also reimburses you if you do not go through their assistance hotline. Simple questions about your resume then the hiring manager will tell you about themselves. Only took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your career end goal? What do you see yourself doing whether it be a technical route or managerial route.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was an interview straightforward to your resume, asking questions about your experience and 3 or 4 behavioral questions and easy to answer.
    One question of "code".....

The next month I received a email from my recruiter saying that I don't have an offer.

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Attended a college hiring day which had approximately 12-15 candidates from different universities. Each candidate had been pre-selected to interview with a number of hiring managers. the interviews were each about 30 minutes long, then you would rotate to the next hiring manager you were scheduled to interview with. Most candidates are given a break during the process. The hiring process was extremely quick. I heard back within 2 days of my interview. Everything was very well organized and moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Since I was a college student, they asked me a lot about my course work. They asked to provide examples of projects I had done in my classes.   Answer Question

Senior Business Objects Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Tough but fair interview questions...high expectations from the get go.

Negotiation

Compensation was fair market value but no room for negotiation.

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA) in October 2008.

Interview

Pretty standard. Phone and personal interviews. Depending on location, can be a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your shortcomings or areas you see yourself as needing improvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation