Lockheed Martin Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview from the senior recruiter. The hiring manager called and we had a 45 minute call, he seemed friendly and provided a lot of information about the position. Two weeks later I received an automated message saying they would not move forward to the final round. So I thought that was that. Then two days later, I received an email from the senior recruiter inviting me for a face to face interview. I thought the first email must have been a glitch, so I responded with my availability. After that, I never heard from the senior recruiter again, despite following up via email. I found the HR team to be very unprofessional in sending mixed messages and then completely ignoring the candidate instead of clarifying the mix up. I can't say anything negative about the actual hiring manager, he was very pleasant on the phone even though they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online, and was asked to fly out to the facility in Herndon, VA to interview at a hiring event 10 days later. It was an easy process, and the interviews were very straightforward. There were two interviews about 30 minutes each. They followed a script for questions, utilizing the STAR method of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an experience where you disagreed with a peer and how you came to a compromise.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty normal. They invited about 20-25 candidates to a hiring event. We were given a presentation for that section of the company that was there interviewing. Each candidate was given at least 2, 30 minute interviews with a manager. Each interview was casual, very normal just typical STAR method questions. Was nervous but calmed down after a few minute based on the simplicity of it all

Interview Questions

• What was one instance you supplied an idea to a team and how did it workout for you?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people at seperate times. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes a piece. You are asked a lot of behavioral questions and also a good amount of questions about your resume. Be prepared to talk about group work. All in all a great experience. Everyone was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you've been criticized and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was very easy. First was a phone screen by the Human Resources then i came in for a regular intervirw. I was called a week later that i got the job. They sent me an offer letter, i accepted. Then had to do drug tests and background investigations which took about a week or twom

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Luncheon meeting with a Vice President and senior member of the National security team at a local restaurant. Business attire. Lockheed Martin members offered to pay for the meal. Cordial, professional 1.5 hour discussion of my background, and the Lockheed Martin focus on expanding their national security related business within the United States Intelligence Community.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you could add value to our business and increase our customer base?   Answer Question

Ultimately, I don't want to be a program manager

Senior Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face at office location and asked traditional and behavioral questions. Reviewed resume to obtain details of what was done. Advised that decision would not be made right away. Position was in transition.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when things turned out badly; what did you do.   Answer Question

Multi Functional Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen to start, followed up by rotational group interview. 3 different interviews w/ 3 different groups of people. Before all of this, many members of the group we were interviewing for, compiled and presented a brief overview of the department and roles interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What have been some difficulties you've encountered in your past positions?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The scheduling of the interview when very quickly. Once an offer letter was sent, HR was a bit slow to respond. Everyone else was prompt in their communication and next steps.