Lockton Companies Account Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly standard. They have a phone interview, assessments, and in-person interviews. The process took about two months. My interactions with the employees were pleasant. If you have strong qualifications and have moderate salary expectations, then this may not be the right place. They have a low starting salary and like to start everyone at the bottom. They are definitely not a "modern" workplace and have a conservative culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard, "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockton Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone screen by a recruiter, then I came in to their HQ for the in person interview with three account execs. I was disappointed because I thought I had a great rapport and conversation with the execs but I was never given a call back. I was literally ignored, and never even got a rejection email. I think this is very unprofessional because I still took my time to come in, whether I was right for the job or not; I feel that I deserve the courtesy of knowing.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Process took about 3 months. Went in for an initial interview with HR, and afterward they had me take a personality profile test and some Microsoft Office proficiency tests. HR then contacted me to set up the final interview, which was actually a series of interviews with the senior and executive VPs. Interviews are great, friendly and more of a back-and-forth than formal interview style. They're just trying to get to know you and decide if you'll fit with their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why Lockton?
      Why should you stand out from the rest of our applicants?
      Tell me something about you that isn't on the resume.
      If you're incredibly stressed and overloaded, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Originally had a brief 30 minute phone call in the fall about the Account Administrator Program in St. Louis. I was finally invited down for an in person interview a few months later. Lockton did not pay for the reimbursement of the 4 hour drive each way, and then invited me back down one week later to meet with even more managers in person. Once again, the trip was not reimbursed. For 16 hours of driving and 4 hours of interviewing over a 2 week period, I received 0 reimbursement and even worse, did not get the job offer. This was a frustrating aspect of the process. Do not invite me back down for a 2nd in person interview without reimbursing me unless you are almost 100% sure you will be hiring me.

Besides that aspect, the interview process itself was easy. Almost no difficult questions, but more of a back and forth dialogue with the managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Lockton? Why do you want to work in the brokerage business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

The HR recruiter called me a couple days after I applied. She asked me a few questions about my background and asked for me to do an assessment online. They had me come in for an interview a week later. I was supposed to meet with two account manager. Manager A and Manager B. I was told when I arrived to ask the receptionist for Manager A. She paged him overhead and asked me to sit down. After twenty minutes or so, the receptionist kept peering over at me as if she forgot why I was there. After 45 minutes, she finally acknowledged me and asked me why I was there again. I told her I was there to meet with Manager A and Manager B. She then told me that Manager A was not in the office that day and that she would page Manager B instead. Five minutes later, Manager B showed up and brought me into the office. After a brief conversation about the role and company, he printed out my resume and asked me one question about my work experience. I was there for probably twenty minutes or so and we were having a great conversation. He was kind and easy to talk to. He even told me about his family and how his kids went to Mizzou. Very pleasant man. He apologized for the inconvenience about how the morning went and told me he was going to email HR. He said that they would reschedule so I could meet with Manager A and complete a computer test. He walked me out and gave me his business card. All was good. After ten or so days, I never heard anything from anyone. The HR lady was on vacation but she had told me the Monday she was coming back. I decided to email her the Wednesday after she came back about my rescheduled appointment. Within a half hour she responded and said that they decided to move on with other candidates and that I wouldn't be coming back. I felt really disappointed because I had a great meeting with Manager B and he told me I'd be back to interview with Manager A so I would have my full interview. I'm not sure if he lied to me or if there was some sort of miscommunication but I felt very short-changed. I did not get the opportunity to interview fully because Manager A missed the appointment with me. Very disappointing and unprofessional process.

Interview Questions

• How are you with juggling multiple things at one time. Tell me about a time where you had to multitask and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I came into their office and the Plaza and did a preliminary interview and then I applied online. Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. Their Plaza office is very nice and is centrally located.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a good 4 month process. It took a lot longer than I expected. If I wasn't employed during the interview process I'm not sure that I would have continued with the interviewing process. They fully invest in the interview/selection process to make sure they are acquiring the best talent.

I first had a 30 minute phone interview- this was a get to know you and your current job type interview with the standard "HR" type questions.

3+ weeks later I was informed they wanted me for a second interview (in person)- this interview was about 45 minutes and consisted of the interviewer asking a list of questions- the majority being typical HR type questions.

3+ weeks after that I was contacted to come in for another interview- this one consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews with various department mangers (1 on 1). These interviews were mainly "get to know you" type interviews- that primarily consisted of conversation- few HR type questions.

4 weeks later I was asked to come in for a final interview- with the COO. This interview was another "get to know you" type interview. You could tell the interviewer wanted to make sure I was fit for the company and for the role I would be playing. Asked a lot of questions- none of them were really HR related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you were in the elevator with the person that was going to hire you. Give me your 2 minute elevator speech on why we should choose you.   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you? What separates you from the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you get hired on here and were here for 10 years. At your 10 year review, how do you want to be able to describe your 10 years? And what do you hope your clients and fellow co-workers will say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

About a 4 week process. 1 Phone interview, 3 (all at once) on site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of one, 1:1 interview with the recruiter, 2 panel interviews. The first interview panel was made up of department directors, the second with 2 HR personnel. Questions were pretty basic entry-level type questions. Insurance in general requires a lot of specific knowledge only gained through experience. Lockton is generally looking for fit over experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of one time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted offer.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long interview process, meeting with at least 6 people over a two day period. Everyone was friendly and 1 on 1. There were a lot of similar questions, but nothing stood out to me as unusual. Most of the questions were how my internships prepared me for a full time job. They also asked me what I knew about the company, so study up on Lockton and their competitors. Overall it was a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• How has your internship prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview and then you are sent test to take. The first test is a behavior, math, and word association test that took over 2 hours and the other test was an excel proficiency test that took another hour. Somewhat of a time consuming preliminary interview process before a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a client/customer?   Answer Question