Lockton Companies Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Lockton Companies Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly standard. They have a phone interview, assessments, and in-person interviews. The process took about two months. My interactions with the employees were pleasant. If you have strong qualifications and have moderate salary expectations, then this may not be the right place. They have a low starting salary and like to start everyone at the bottom. They are definitely not a "modern" workplace and have a conservative culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard, "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the Senior VP for the account, who was very enthusiastic about the workplace and it was more of a getting to know you interview. Next, interviewed with two Account Execs, who were much more serious (not sure if it was for the interview or a product of the requirements of the work), and this was more nitty gritty, naturally. Went home after, no testing or offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Lockton/Insurance Brokerage?
      Are you analytical in that you can look at something and notice something is off?
      Excel experience?
      How do you keep yourself organized?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO).

Interview

Can never make it past Hr gatekeepers, even though I have a Masters degree and 20 plus years of commercial insurance experience. Blackballing people and or age discrimination. Typically say you are Over qualified.

Interview Questions

• How many years do you have in commercial insurance?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college site. I was selected for the first two rounds of interviews, which were entirely behavioral interview questions. I ended up making it to the final round which was a 2 and a half hour interview consisting of 4 different one on one interviews and some HR testing at the end. Most questions were to see if I would fit in with the company culture and just typical interview questions (what are you strengths, weaknesses, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer who was being difficult and how you managed the situation in a professional and courteous manner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a good 4 month process. It took a lot longer than I expected. If I wasn't employed during the interview process I'm not sure that I would have continued with the interviewing process. They fully invest in the interview/selection process to make sure they are acquiring the best talent.

I first had a 30 minute phone interview- this was a get to know you and your current job type interview with the standard "HR" type questions.

3+ weeks later I was informed they wanted me for a second interview (in person)- this interview was about 45 minutes and consisted of the interviewer asking a list of questions- the majority being typical HR type questions.

3+ weeks after that I was contacted to come in for another interview- this one consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews with various department mangers (1 on 1). These interviews were mainly "get to know you" type interviews- that primarily consisted of conversation- few HR type questions.

4 weeks later I was asked to come in for a final interview- with the COO. This interview was another "get to know you" type interview. You could tell the interviewer wanted to make sure I was fit for the company and for the role I would be playing. Asked a lot of questions- none of them were really HR related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you were in the elevator with the person that was going to hire you. Give me your 2 minute elevator speech on why we should choose you.   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you? What separates you from the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you get hired on here and were here for 10 years. At your 10 year review, how do you want to be able to describe your 10 years? And what do you hope your clients and fellow co-workers will say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

About a 4 week process. 1 Phone interview, 3 (all at once) on site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of one, 1:1 interview with the recruiter, 2 panel interviews. The first interview panel was made up of department directors, the second with 2 HR personnel. Questions were pretty basic entry-level type questions. Insurance in general requires a lot of specific knowledge only gained through experience. Lockton is generally looking for fit over experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of one time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted offer.

Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very lengthy interview process. I had a phone interview and then two in-person interviews. In addition to the interviews there were a number of tests. (Personality, excel, basic English and math...etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that happened at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with the HR manager, and was asked a very reasonable and typical series of questions. For second interview met with the supervisor for my specific department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had at a previous job.   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance where you went above and beyond of what was expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a very reasonable offer, and did not negotiate my starting salary.

Technical Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

I got the initial interview through a temp agency. I was interviewed first by HR and then called back for a second interview with the SVP of operations, who oversaw the department for my position. After my first interview, I was asked to complete a skills test including typing accuracy and utilization of Microsoft applications.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time at a previous job where you disagreed with your manager, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired on as a temp, and after about 16 weeks, given an offer from the company. I did not negotiate, but when my review came, the pay increase I received was more than I was going to ask for anyway.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then they interviewed me with 5 other executives. Thought it went really well then they called me back and said they did not want a summer intern.