Loft9 Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loft9 Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.3

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting.

Interview

This was one of the best interview process I have ever been through. There are 3 interviews and one writing sample. The first two interviews happened at a cafe and the final interview was with a partner at the Kirkland office. The interviews were very engaging and everyone I talked to felt like people I would want to work with. They have a 48 hour turnaround after each interview which is absolutely amazing. They stayed true to this commitment throughout the process. I am very excited to be joining the Loft9 team.

Interview Questions

• Things I was passionate about - Not just in my professional life but also my personal life.   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – Founding Partner

Wow, thank you for your review. We work to build a candidate-focused process that provides a view of the experience our associates have when they join Loft9. We strive to maintain the 2-business day ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Loft9 Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in 4 stages: 1) in-person interview to establish cultural and personality fit, 2) written assignment, 3) in-person interview with a focus on practice area experience, highlights from past work experience, and depth of skillsets, 4) verbal case study questions.

Each interview offered opportunities for questions and dialogue, for the interviewee to get to know the company as much as the company gets to know the candidate. It became clear through the interview process that Loft9 sincerely values creating and maintaining relationships, as I was invited to connect on LinkedIn and keep in touch with the contacts I had met, no matter the outcome of the interview process. Overall, this was one of the most positive interview experiences I've ever had. Loft9 clearly sets a high bar for professionalism and genuine partnerships within their professional network.

Interview Questions

• The final interview questions were verbal case studies in which a project scenario or business problem is described, and the interviewee needs to describe their approach to untangling the issue / producing a solution. Some questions involve engaging with the interviewer as if they were the main contact described in the case study scenario.   Answer Question

May 20, 2016 – Founding Partner

It was great to get your feedback this week! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in the Loft9 interview process. Although your process did not result in an offer for you to join ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is as the other reviews described it. There is an initial interview to ensure culture fit. Then there is a written test to determine which category you fit in (project management, process improvement, data analyst) and to view your writing skills. The second interview is to go over your background and skills. I can't comment on the third interview as I was rejected after the second. They have a 48 hour turnaround time which is really amazing considering how other companies drag their feet or never get back to you.

The consultants were professional and kind. The questions were standard and from a form template. Where I had an issue was with the environment. Both in person interviews were at a coffee shop. The first interview wasn't too bad because it was noisy in the place and the tables around had multiple people who were having conversations, so no one was paying attention to us. The second interview though was horrible. The coffee shop was small and the tables were literally a foot apart. There was only one table left so we grabbed it. The place was super quiet, and since the people on both sides of me were by themselves, they just listened to my interview the entire time (they stayed there for over an hour). I could have put my hands out and touched both of them. When you interview, it's nerve-wracking as is, but to have to do it in front of an audience, I was embarrassed and uncomfortable. I couldn't think clearly as I just wanted out of there. I knew I bombed that interview, so I don't disagree with the interviewer's no hire. What's unfortunate though is that I could do the consultant job really well.

My advice to management and recruiting is to ensure candidates are interviewing in a private area. If you want them to bring their best, then enable it by ensuring they are in a comfortable and trusting environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer or client had unrealistic expectations.   Answer Question

Feb 25, 2016 – Founding Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our interview process. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. From reading your response it seems the concern is with our ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting.

Interview

3 stage interview process; Stage 0 - a general 'get to know' phone call or in person session followed up by (Stage 1) a more in depth resume walk and culture fit assessment. Next (Stage 2) is a business case session and likely has senior executive staff involved. At this point there will either be an offer or recommendation to pursue opportunities elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Loft9 Consulting Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Founding Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Loft9 interview process. This information is useful to individuals that are considering Loft9 and we’re thrilled that your process ... More

Consultant Interview

Interview

Total of three interviews, firm fit assessment followed by technical skills assessment and the third interview involves a case study during the interview. The case study is related to the kind of work the firm is involved in

Oct 24, 2014 – Founding Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Loft9 interview process. This information is useful to individuals that are considering Loft9 as a future employer, and we’re pleased ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting.

Interview

Was invited to first interview after I had sent Job application. They told me there would be two more. Got encouraging Feedback during the interview e.g. good questions. Then received a no further interviews.

Interview Questions

Loft9 Consulting Response

Oct 24, 2014 – Founding Partner

We appreciate you sharing your experience with the Loft9 interview process. Our interview team strives to provide a positive experience for all our recruits and we feel badly that yours was lower ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

First interview consisted of a culture interview to see if you would be a good fit with the company and give you opportunity to find out about the culture of the company. Second interview was a background assessment, talking about specific job experiences and how you might handle certain situations. Third interview consists of a written case study and 2 live case studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Contacted by an employee after submitting my resume for a hour long getting to know me interview. The meeting took place in a coffee restaurant. It was very informal. The interview explained if I moved on from the first round I would have two to three more interviews with managers in the company that were case based. I was asked standard questions a bout my background. The only apparent area of concern from the interviewer was my salary expectations, which were already low for the industry. I was no contacted for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Three phase interview process. Phase one was easy, get-to-know-you and your interests. Phase two got in to the details of my work experience and skills. Phase three involved a written sample, case studies, behavioral questions and more. Phase three was intense but well organized and relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation unless you come with a lot to offer.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loft9 Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

This was a very intense and comprehensive interview process over a 4-week period. Interview 1 was a standard 1:1 "get to know you" 1-hour interview with one of the founding partners. It included topics such as why I was looking for work, why consulting, what do I know about Loft9 and what are my compensation expectations.

Interview 2 was with the other founding partners and included a deeper dive into my experience and skill set. This interview was more focused on my resume and relevant experience. It also included a live case study in which I was given a business problem and asked to walk through a solution.

Prior to interview 3, I was given a written case study to complete. The case study tested my project management and business analyst skills. While I had a couple days to complete the case study, I was instructed to spend a limited amount of hours actually doing the research and writing of the study. I think this portion of the interview process really helps candidates showcase their skills outside of the 1:1 interview process.

Interview 3 was a very intense, 90 minute interview with both founding partners. This interview included a review of my case study, another review of my skills, questions around my desire to work for Loft9, a large number of behavior questions, another verbal case study and a number of other well planned and well thought questions.

Overall, this was easily the most unique and intense interview process I have ever been in. I would highly recommend a lot of preparation prior to each interview. More importantly, I would recommend honing your overall interview skills. By the time I reached the final interview, I had probably been through 10-plus interviews with various firms in the industry, which helped me with my preparation and confidence.

Interview Questions

• List the last three things you have learned.   1 Answer