LogMeIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After connecting on LinkedIn had a phone call with recruiter. Then did a phone screen with a senior engineer. I was brought in for an in-person and had a series of interviews. Spoke with manager and 4-5 other engineers.

Interview Questions

• Everyone was very nice and helped me through the process. Spoke to recruiter and manager mostly about the position and my background. Engineers asked all front-end related questions. All the coding questions were related to JavaScript.   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your interview feedback. We hope you will revisit LogMeIn in the future.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through careers page. The Recruiter contacted me for basic screening and then scheduled a phone interview with Engineering Manager and Lead. After the initial round was called onsite for Boston office (on a very short notice!) where there were another 4 rounds with the engineering team. Overall it was very smooth experience and the team is very excited about the product. And it is a huge company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you as a software engineer?
      What companies are you looking to interview?
      Prototypal inheritance in Javascript.
      REST API design and good and bad parts
      How will you encrypt data over REST API?
      How will you design a password manager?
      Few basic questions about encryption (Read some basics!)
      A deep discussion of projects I have done.   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogMeIn (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Amazing HR phone screen experience and scheduled a technical screen with a Senior Engineer using their product, GoToMeeting. Whole interview was supposed to last 45 minutes but coding exercises were started at the last 15 minutes. Browser version of GoToMeeting slowed computer down tremendously during screen sharing, making coding on codepen almost impossible. Interviewer was silent, unenthusiastic, and told me not to speak out my thought process. Interview went overtime 45 minutes. Terrible impression of the company.

Interview Questions

LogMeIn Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your interview feedback. We have flagged your experience with the Recruiting Manager and will make necessary corrections to our interview process.

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn.

Interview

I traveled from one city to another city for an in person interview and did not get reimbursed for the trip. They agreed on travel reimbursement prior to the interview and no further communication after the interview. I wouldn't have spent time and money if I knew before.

In person interview was disorganized and facility had some problems though the interviewers were nice.

2 phone interviews prior to the in person interview - 1 with recruiter and other with hiring manager. Recruiter was new and couldn't answer general questions.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LogMeIn (Woburn, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

Need to have good knowledge of Data structure & Algorithms, programming skills. I had one phone interview round and then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnt negotiate

Staff Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn (Goleta, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview experience was extremely positive, after the initial call with the recruiter I had a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager gave a walk through of thee product and his team, he then allowed me to walk through my product development process. I enjoyed the conversation and was invited for on-site interview. The 4 hr interview panel consisted of Product Lead, Marketing Director, UX director, Sr Director dev, Director dev , Sr Director UX and Sr Director PM. I think all my interviews went well but one behavioral question " What would you do if someone told you he just does not want to work with you"

Interview Questions

• Walk through of product dev process right from inception to launch   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to convey bad news to the management   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you missed delivery of the product/feature   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a rewarding accomplishment   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflict of view and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • How do you conduct customer interviews ?   Answer Question
    • Why did you move from engineering to product management? How was your move from engg to PM ?   Answer Question
    • Any lessons learned from your experience in PM?   Answer Question
    • What features would go in mobile app vs portal?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about responsive design   Answer Question
    • As a product manager where did you use AI/ML in your product and for what   Answer Question
    • What do you do if engineering missed the product delivery date   Answer Question
    • Walk me through typical day in your PM role   Answer Question
    • What do you do to make sure engineering is performing with maximum efficiency   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with company acquisition/merger and change of product strategy situation   Answer Question
    • What if someone in your team just don't want to work with you   Answer Question
    • What if engineering does not agree on a product strategy   Answer Question
    • Your favorite products/books   Answer Question

Jun 9, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your interview feedback. We hope you revisit us again in the future as we are continuing to grow as a Global company to unlock the potential of the modern workforce.

Thank you... More

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LogMeIn.

Interview

I started with a phone interview, and then was brought in twice to meet with five separate people. After waiting about two weeks, I finally reached out and was told I was just barely edged out by another candidate. About a week later, I was brought back in for a third interview after hearing that the original candidate was not hired on a technicality. After being essentially verbally offered the position, I was told there were "complications" and was left in the dark for another week or two. After reaching out again I was told another candidate was hired. While I think this would be a great place to work, the amount of political insanity I dealt with just during the interview process was unreal. Basically, don't bother applying here unless you know the right people.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult, run-of-the-mill things you'd expect.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn (Boston, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

From the day I submitted my application to finally receiving word back I was not selected (after I inquired) took just over a month. The first step was a phone call with a recruiter, learn a bit more about me, my previous experience and my career goals which took place very quickly after my submission. From there, an in-person interview was scheduled to meet with another recruiter, on-location manger and another manager remotely via GoToMeeting roughly 2 weeks after my initial phone call.

I was taken through a tour of the office and then landed in a meeting room to speak with a Manager via GoToMeeting. After a few unsuccessful attempts to connect properly (on his end, poor WiFi), we were finally able to have a discussion. This mostly consisted of him reading off a list of "tell about a time when..." questions rather than having a normal discussion like a real human, with a personality. This did not seem genuine and I feel like this is where the interview process may have hit a snag.

I then met with another manager, who would be overseeing this position. He was friendly, outgoing and our conversation flowed naturally. He discussed the position, expectations and work/life balance. We not only talked about the company but also chatted about our lives outside of work, our passions and what drove us to succeed. I was feeling very confident after this meeting and looked forward to the next steps. He also expressed confidence that with my previous experience, i would be a good fit for the role.

However, after radio silence for a bit, I emailed the original recruiter I spoke with and was told after speaking with the team, they would not be moving forward. I politely asked for any feedback they may offer and was never provided a response.

Interview Questions

LogMeIn Response

Aug 29, 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

We apologize for your experience. We set high standards to provide best-in-class candidate experience. Your feedback has been shared with our Talent Acquisition team.

Jason

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn in July 2018.

Interview

I applied and was contacted the next day via email from a recruiter to take a personality assessment. After a week I received a call from a recruiter for a quick phone screening. I was then invited to come in for an in person interview where I met with a sales manager and then the Director of Sales. They unofficially offered me the position then sent me an official offer letter a few days after. It was a great process and they were very open and transparent about be role.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogMeIn (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for LogMeIn through my college board website. 2 weeks later I received an email saying that one of the managers would like to chat on the phone for 15-20 minutes. The chat was set up like an interview. It was just standard questions and the lady was very nice.