LogRhythm Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in May 2017. The process took about 6 weeks. I interviewed on the phone twice, completed a project, and interviewed in person. The first part of the in person interview really confused me. They asked questions completely outside of data science. They explained that there are multiple positions and are looking to see which skill gaps I would fill. That does make sense I suppose. If they had asked me if I could fill that skill gap early on, I would have told them no. In the end, the recruiter called me and politely told me that they liked me a lot, but they need a data scientist with more dev ops experience.

Interview Questions

• Linux doesn't contain 'real' files. Where can runtime system information (e.g. system memory, devices mounted, hardware configuration, etc) be found?   2 Answers

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Standard interview process. Typical phone screen then asked to interview onsite a few days later. There was a lack of technical questions from the engineers in the interview. I believe this directly affected the outcome of the opportunity.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Few phone interviews then onsite interview with the IT team which was so weird and the IT manager. One of the IT member showed up with Toy gun which was so professional, the 2nd was asking questions and need in detail step by step process that no one can remember. I was happy when they didn't choose me honestly. I then worked with Company 2 of the team member left Logrythm with bad feedback about the company and the other had interview with the same IT team.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (recruiter, hiring manager) and 4 hour onsite interview. Everyone involved was very professional and asked great questions. In the end, did not receive an offer due to a lack of experience with ERP. A little frustrating because the recruiter and hiring manager were aware that I did not have experience with the ERP. From what I understand, the job requirements were changed after my interview.

Either way, seems like a great place to work.

Support Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, followed up by 2x phone interviews with Support Team leads/managers. Finally an onsite interview with 4 different support team managers as well as a senior support engineer.

Based on earlier Glassdoor reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, I have to say that the Logrhythm team was professional from start to finish. Starting with the initial phone screen with recruiting, they were quite clear and honest regarding their approach and starting salary range - which is to bring everyone in at Tier 1 and move up from there.

Each of the managers I spoke with had started in Tier 1 at Logrhythm and moved up from their into a manager role - so they were acutely sensitive to the experiences that a new engineer to their organization might encounter. They also proactively shared some creative approaches they've taken to help on-board new talent, including splitting new hires into 3 different "bands" that would each focus on a specific subset of product functionality, and then move into a new band once ready. This helps narrow the sheer scope of knowledge that an individual has to learn at any one time and gain both focus and traction. They are working hard to maintain an 8 engineer: 1 manager ratio in support Tier 1 to help make sure that staff have the appropriate attention and sounding board.

All the people I had the chance to interact with were top-notch professionals with a positive and supportive attitude regarding their team, the product, and the company. Although I ended up deciding to pursue a different opportunity, it was a tough choice and I have to say that my experience with Logrhythm was a positive one, from start to completion of the interviewing process!

Interview Questions

• A variety of network, AD, windows event management and technical troubleshooting type of questions. For example: let's say a monitoring agent is installed on a server in Chicago, that needs to talk to a server in Denver over TCP/IP, and the agent doesn't show up on the Denver server. Where would you start and what steps would you take to troubleshoot this?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

After a quick phone screen I was set for a technical interview.
    My technical interviewer was distracted and wanted to talk about my hometown.
    By the sound of it, they were at home with a bluetool headset on. I could hear babies and dogs crying.

Very casual, the interview seemed annoyed when I asked him a question.

Interview Questions

• Have I used Agile?   1 Answer
    • Have I managed a backlog?   1 Answer
    • Whats my favorite product management tool?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Intern Interview Process:
    First, I had a phone call with the recruiter, who was super friendly and helpful throughout the process. Then, I had a first conference call with 2 senior managers, where they asked me technical questions, but no actual coding was involved. Then, I had a take-home coding challenge. Finally, I had a video interview with 2 members of a team whom I ultimately worked with. In this interview, we coded on a shared coding pad, and then we discussed my coding assignment (potential bottlenecks etc). About a week later I got a call from the recruiter that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you randomly shuffle a deck of cards? (code the solution)   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

I spoke with a friendly recruiter via email for about a week and was asked to complete a UX exercise. After I submitted the exercise and before I had even spoken with the recruiter by phone, I was asked to directly interview with a Software Engineer.

This Software Engineer spent the entire phone call harshly criticizing my work, my interview answers, my site, etc. In the middle of the interview, he abruptly said "Yeah, no, we're going to pass on you." When he wasn't criticizing everything, he was complaining. I was incredibly puzzled why this person specifically asked to speak with me in the first place and heck, why I had even completed a UX exercise.

To that rude, impersonable, negative software engineer: Please find other ways to get on a high horse. Do not waste other people's time.

Mind you, I was a local applicant and at no point did they want me to go in. Strange. I will stay far, far away from LogRhythm; I don't even want to know what their company culture is like.

Interview Questions

LogRhythm Response

Nov 20, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We went back and spoke with the interviewing team for this role and do not feel like this is an accurate depiction of how this particular interview was handled. We work... More

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple 1:1 interviews, then onsite group interview.
    They sent me links to their public facing documents and asked me to do a presentation. I did the presentation, but they didn't say it was a role play - got dinged for assuming the answer to a question.

Also met with local account exec. and flew to headquarters for onsite. Not a bad process,

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions about their product that the public facing documentation did not answer. This was during a group presentation.   2 Answers

I declined offer as base salary was to low and OTE not high enough. They said they had room to move when i told them requirements up front, but then they wouldn't move.

Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews - 1 with the recruiter and 1 with the hiring manager. I was then brought onsite for an interview with the HR team in person. They were very good about the follow up.