Logitech Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.7

Principal Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I came across an interesting opening at Logitech and pinged couple of recruiters via LinkedIn. It took a month (!?) of constant prodding (including pinging the global head of talent acquisition) before I got a response from one of the recruiters.

We setup a time to go through the job reqs. I have around 16 years of experience in what they are looking for, so I was confident this was gonna move fast. How wrong I was!!

After talking to the recruiter, I was back in the "constant prodding" state..finally, nearly after 3 weeks I got a request from one of the directors for a quick phone call. Whew!

My discussion with the director went well. He was looking for exactly what I was bringing to the table. He finished the talk with "Well, glad to see a fit from both the sides. Please look forward to the next steps from the recruiter".

Now, after 2 weeks since that discussion, I haven't heard anything from the recruiter. I pinged the director and the recruiter, no replies. In the mean time, I was talking to other companies and got 3 offers. I have accepted one and will be joining them soon.

Would it hurt to reply saying a "no", if they didn't think this was a match? Part of me wants to keep up this "constant prodding", to see when, if at all, I get a reply :)

Will update more if I decide to do that.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Director was just probing on my prior experience, especially around my consumer electronics experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA).

Interview

Video conference with recruiter and hiring manager, then on-site with hiring manager and his manager. Very positive impression of the team I was interviewing with but the HR/recruiters are a joke. Never follow up with you. Company seems nice but I'd never apply there again because of their recruiters, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing about yourself that's not on your resume?   Answer Question

Logitech Response

Aug 24, 2016 – Sr Director, Global Talent Acquisition

This is certainly not the candidate experience we aim to create, and I would like see how we can help rectify your visit to our campus. Please feel free to contact me directly at ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A deliberately confused situation. They wanted a video interview but I was unable to provide video. When I showed up, they seemingly became disenchanted by my race or skin color. They invented complaints to express dissatisfaction that I had not come prepared e.g. with a presentation of some type when they hadn't bother to request it! And they were angry that I expected the job was software engineering when in fact that was what the job was described to me as being! Beware employers seeking video interviews they are ALWAYS seeking to discriminate by race or age or religion.

Interview Questions

• Did you bring the presentation that we did not ask you to bring?   1 Answer

Logitech Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Sr Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We take these comments very seriously. Please contact me directly, so that I may investigate your experience interviewing at Logitech. lduthie@logitech.com. Thank you.

Associate Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager.
    On-site interview with 6 people (30 minutes each)
    Recruter never contacted me back to update me on the hiring process. Some employees complained about the company, which is a bad sign.

Peoples Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call 3 days later about scheduling an interview with a recruiter. First round was a webcam interview with the initial recruiter, and then second round was with the hiring manager. Interview was around 20 minutes. However, never heard back after the initial webcam interview.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Logitech (Fremont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was followed by a lengthy onsite interview with six people from various groups for 1-to-1 interviews. Some of the interviewers had obviously read my resume and were prepared. Others seemed to be winging it. Overall, they all seemed to find that my skills were impressive and right for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Logitech   1 Answer

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Logitech's website. Recruiter contacted me two weeks after the application, onsite interview the following week. Full day and very detailed. 13 people including managers, potential peers, and people in other departments.
    Candidates beware if you incur out-of-pocket travel expenses for the interview - reimbursement will take months. More than two months after submitting Logitech's arcane reimbursement paperwork for travel expenses I'm still waiting, all I've gotten to date are excuses and foot dragging (I believe Logitech's AP department is staffed by the DMV). Very unprofessional if not marginally unethical.

Interview Questions

• The usual experience and background questions, practical design questions, hypothetical problem resolution questions, and a few surprising college-level engineering theory questions which made me dust off memory cells from 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

In total met with 7 people including CEO. Diverse mix of people who would be my peers and people who would be my internal clients. 3 seperate meeting times.
    Quick to schedule, very relaxed environment with really nice and fun to talk to people.

Interview Questions

• What scares you most about taking on this job?
      What would you do in your first 90 days?
      Answer Question

Principal Mobile App Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA).

Interview

2-hours interview.
    A very weird Chinese geek engineer kept asking tech questions.

This is a music department. And it seems their mobile app can only do simple task. End user won't use it daily.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Logitech (Newark, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had phone rounds with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Several in person interviews with key stakeholders. It was a good process and it was a good culture fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Culture fit related questions and specific role related questions   Answer Question