Logos Bible Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Logos Bible Software

3.4

Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Prior to coming on-board I had known a management team member for some years prior (we knew each other virtually and had met face-to-face a couple times). As a result, I got fast-tracked into a meeting with the Pritchetts fairly quickly. It all started with an email, this led to a couple phone conversations with the director of marketing, this led to a face-to-face interview on-site,which led (that same day) to a team meeting with both Pritchetts in the meeting. After a few follow-up meetings by phone, I was offered a salary.

I understand, from conversations with coworkers, this was unusually fast. In some ways, I wish the process had been more drawn-out so I could have come to some more accurate conclusions about management and corporate culture. It would have saved me a great deal of heartache.

Interview Questions

• What is your impression of our software?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to name your salary at Logos, be prepared to walk away.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first. Mostly just to see if you are breathing, have some basic knowledge of computers and customer support.

Then a panel interview. This is usually with some direct coworkers, manager or two, and the head honcho. Questions usually crafted to get you to open up and really dive into some technology or other passion that you know a lot about. Some questions trying to gauge effectiveness and ability in dealing with customers. There is usually a practical test at the end if it is felt the candidate might be a good fit.

The bottom line is that you are smart, passionate, and able to get things done. It's not always beneficial or necessary to be already well-versed in specific technologies.

Sometimes there is an interview with the CEO after the panel interview, sometimes not.

Interview Questions

• In networking terms, what happens when a query is submitted to Google?
      OR
      Describe Google's network infrastructure.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a car?   1 Answer
    • How does cruise control work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for me. I had no experience, thus, no bargaining chips.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview process was very informal. They came to my university to recruit for there summer internship program. They asked a lot of questions about what types of projects I had worked on in school and what type of job I was hoping to have after I graduated. There were two interviewers, one was very nice and was very easy to talk with, the other seemed less interested in and like they didn't want to be there.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

I first contacted Logos by e-mail. I also asked a friend who knew a Logos insider to e-mail a recommendation. After a long wait, Logos contacted me for a phone interview, which consisted mainly of technical questions to test my knowledge of programming languages, algorithms, and data structures. Apparently it went well, since they offered to fly me to Bellingham for an onsite interview.

I read and watched everything on the Logos website about the company's culture and products, including the founder's ominously titled book "Fire Someone Today". Anyone interested in working here should do this!

The on-site interview included a panel interview followed by lunch with several developers and a one-on-one with the CEO/founder. I get the feeling the one-on-one would have been canceled if the group interview didn't go well. For the panel interview I was asked to solve several technical problems on a whiteboard, and asked a wide range of questions about my experience and how I would solve various technical problems. There were no weird psychological questions. In the final interview I asked several questions about the company's culture, ownership structure, and future plans. I liked the answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure no errors are introduced into a complex system as new features are added?   1 Answer
    • How does a hash table work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer came 2 weeks after the final interview. I accepted without further negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Tempe, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Reached out to Logos via their website's job posting. The process took place over the span of about 1.5 months and all communication happened over email (aside from in-person interviews). I was given a phone screen interview initially, followed up a week or so later by a panel interview at the Tempe office, then flown to Bellingham a few weeks later for a final all-day interview.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to find duplicate nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Tempe, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and got a call from a recruiter a week or so later. They did a brief phone screen and then brought me in for a technical interview on-site.

When I arrived, there were only two people at the office and they told me that all of the interviewers were on vacation that day, but they could interview me. They didn't know anything about the position that I was applying for, so they did a very high-level technical interview. They focused a lot on architecture and algorithms, which I thought was a strange combo.

After the short interview, we had a brief lunch and just talked about the company a bit. They said they'd contact me in a few weeks. Months later, they hadn't contacted me and they didn't respond to my calls or emails.

Interview Questions

Logos Bible Software Response

Dec 14, 2013 – CEO/President

I'm sorry about the lack of follow-up; we've already made changes to our process to prevent this from happening again. We don't have special 'interviewers', and this interview involved a team lead... More

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Very simple, basic algorithms and software design.

Interview Questions

• none, maybe the leap year calculation or find duplicates   Answer Question

Negotiation

1k sign in bonus

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

The whole process was pretty smooth, although it took almost a month for the final decision to come through.
    The panel interview is pretty intense which is part of the process since they want to see how well you think under pressure...

Interview Questions

• Searching a binary tree on the white board in front of the panel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, they are very straight forward and professional through the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software (Bellingham, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

At the conclusion of my internship, I was offered the chance to interview for a Full-time position. The interview was conducted by people I had met during my internship, but intentionally not ones that I had a close relationship with. The interview lasted a couple hours and consisted of technical knowledge verbal response questions as well as 3 or 4 programming problems that covered basic areas of knowledge such as trees.

Interview Questions

• How does the internet work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, although they would be open to it.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Logos Bible Software in February 2011.

Interview

I was hired as an intern. I had a 20 minute interview at my school's job fair and was accepted for the internship which then turned into a full time job

Interview Questions

• nothing was extremely difficult or unexpected. there were fairly basic experience questions and a couple simple technical questions.   Answer Question