Loma Linda University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Child Life Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Group panel interview with lead specialist and other Child Life Specialists. Background information with background check, drug test and education verification. Very specific Developmental questions in regards to children's developmental assessment were asked and understanding of hospitalized children and their families.

Interview Questions

• Specific Questions on how to handle situations that would require Child life   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA).

Interview

Online application placed on file for random position (they needed one available to print during career fair processing; RSVP to RN career fair with 2 units of specified interest; interviewed with unit team including director, and 2 unit managers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this particular unit?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe your experience working with a specific patient? (relative to unit)   Answer Question
    • (Offer this) How you fit in with their values and mission   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

Interview

The entire process took about 5 days. I submitted my application online on Monday, was called to come in for an interview on Wednesday and had my interview on that Friday. I was called shortly after my interview and was offered the job. The whole interview was of average difficulty and lasted a little over an hour and a half. However, everyone was very sweet and easy to talk to so I didn't mind it lasting so long.

Interview Questions

• Specific experience you have had that involved patient safety.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Redlands, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call about two weeks after to interview. Interview was rescheduled two times, no big deal. Finally came in for interview, went well. Was promised a decision by a specific date due to having to reschedule the initial interview. By the date given I was told the decision was not reached because they had more interviews to do--ok? I asked if I should just move on and explore other opportunities, was told no that I was a "short-list candidate". Waited another week and inquired again, was told yet again that no decision was made because they were waiting to schedule interviews. Ultimately, I decided to take an offer at another company. I felt as though I was strung along for nothing--waste of time. Very unprofessional in my option.

Cook/Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA).

Interview

Four separate interviews over two days. Many HR type questions that give you scenarios and ask what you did or would do in those situations. Had to have many stories about how you solved problems with time management, difficult co-workers and how you improved and contributed to former work places.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had many tasks and limited time to accomplish them. Tell me about what you did and the results.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Redlands, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions within this particular department between Friday and Sunday. Received call for interview by Wednesday. Interviewed Thursday. Offered the position on Friday. One week process. l by Three part interview process. Met with director, educator, and charge nurse. Length was approximately two hours. Everyone was kind and made you feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Do you any questions for me?   1 Answer

EPIC EHR Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very thorough and went from early November to late January. The recruiter Aaron was simply amazing. Having been a prior Epic TS and clinical apps director he understood everything I was speaking too, and was extremely personable. I was phone screened for 10 minutes, then the following week had a 1:1 interview for 90 minutes with the recruiter, and then invited on site for a panel interview with 2 managers, the recruiter, and the clinical apps director. I was asked to present a 5-10 minute presentation on an issue concerning the EHR field and how I would resolve it. After the recruiter let me know the timeline for decision-making and followed up exactly when he said he would.

Interview Questions

• Prescreen was only 3 questions. 1:1 was when the recruiter went line by line through my resume asking me questions about previous roles and responsibilities and my final take away from each job. I really enjoyed that he did that because it shows he actually took the time to review my resume prior to us meeting. The Panel interview was just behavioural questions and a little bit of free discussion about upcoming projects and how I would have handled certain situations.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

About two hours, it was very difficult but needed to find the right person, the interview went very well, however after the first group interview you have to have a second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center.

Interview

3 separate people interviewed (peer, clinical manager, hiring manager). Offer was made about 1 week later, but background and HR phase took over 3 more weeks. A couple weeks of orientation classes... Finally started working about 2 months after initial offer.

Interview Questions

• Difficult situation, action, outcome. Why Loma Linda? Tell about a time when you provided spiritual care.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

EPIC EHR Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (Loma Linda, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very thorough, spread out over 1.5 months. Interviewers were very friendly and encouraging. To apply I filled out an online application, was phone screened by the recruiter, met 1:1 with recruiter, did a proctored online skills test, met for afternoon consisting of a 5 min presentation on any subject I would like, 2 peer panel interviews, and finally a manager panel interview. A f/u with the recruiter and then waited 2.5 weeks for a decision. There was some clarification of training details for a week and then I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are behavioral based. Tell us about a time you did x to demonstrate how you have the values that they have as an organization. You must try to think of past experiences from your life that apply to the questions asked, then present them. It is helpful to practice telling these stories so you don't get distracted and lost along the way.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got clarification of what the training would be like, why changes were made from the interview to the offer as to how certification would be achieved.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loma Linda University Medical Center (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

After I applied online I was called within two weeks for an interview. Very easy & basic interview questions that took place
    1:1 with hiring supervisor. I was notified over the phone that I was selected. I was sent to HR to sign my letter of acceptance into the position. HR was very friendly.