London Stock Exchange Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.9

Summer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Aptitude tests followed by phone interview which lasted around 40 minutes. Straight forward and done by a recruiter rather than a member of the company. Aptitude tests were nothing out of the ordinary and on the whole pretty straightforward. I would recommended standard aptitude test prep and competency question prep to get by.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, pretty abrupt style ( or rather interrogation).
    On arrival I have been sent to a floor occupied by LSE.No one bothered to escort me to the reception so I had to wait in the corridor until someone went out to the lifts. Not a good start.
    Interview was not structured and it seems that manager did not have any questions prepared.
    Line manager asked trivial technical questions that could be googled up in a minute if needed.
    General feeling of the place with outdated processes , IT is stuck in the past and not much passion.
    No questions like ' why did you want to leave' or ' what can you bring to this place'
    I decided not to follow up further.

Interview Questions

• what are you three best skills   1 Answer

Fixed Income Index Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group.

Interview

I applied via linkedin and was then invited to interview at paternoster square a week later. The interviewers were extremely friendly and treated the interview as more of a conversation. There were two back-to-back interviews that each lasted around 30 minutes. I received some constructive feedback a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is fixed income?
      2. What is the difference between modified duration and Macaulay's duration?
      Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview was pretty much traditional based on your CV, cultural fit, motivations and personal skills. But there was many question about the company itself, its operations and current affairs.

Interview Questions

• - Why LSEG?
      - Which companies in Group?
      - What do you think about Borsa Italiano?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was postponed for a week due to "unforeseen circumstances". Interviewer called a bit late but the interviewer was helpful and highly professional. Firstly they asked about some questions regarding work permit then moved on to the main part. Nothing specific, more general questions. Finished without giving right to ask questions and some other questions regarding my visa. Overall the experience was positive!

Interview Questions

• Motivational plus competency based questions; obviously commercial awareness   Answer Question

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Long application made up by long motivational questions plus reading/numerical/reasoning tests, which I got after a month I completed the application.

Questions during the telephone interview were basically motivational plus competency, like why LSE, make an example of a time when... etc. Still waiting to hear back after 7 weeks from my phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why LSE, make an example of a time you were under pressure   Answer Question

Business Area Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process was really long: I sent my application in November (with the logical and math online tests to be completed), in December I answered some essay questions. Then, in February I was contacted by an external HR company on behalf of the London stock, asking some documents concerning my academic background. In March I went through a phone interview and I was eventually invited for an assessment in London around mid of April.

Interview Questions

• Given a folder of private documentation (that they provided me at the assessment), you have 40 minutes to elaborate a potential enlargment strategy of the stock Exchange.   Answer Question

The lenght of the assessment process was a bit too much; June was fastly approaching, I had 4 open applications and one of them turned out to be successful for me; so in the end I decided to apply for this position, maybe not as important as the one offered by the London Stock Exchange, but still in London.

Graduate Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, then finish numerical and verbal tests. Further open questions without choices to edit or change later. Phone interview and face-to-face interview. The questions are general. The interviewer is helpful

Interview Questions

• why lseg, what you know about lseg, your interest, coolest IT project and so on   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, I got to the phone interview.
    I was interviewed by a human resources representative that seemed rather uninterested about the interview. This might have been due to my lack of preparation but still felt a bit disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions. Asked where I got financial and technology information from. Also asked some about my knowledge of the company and the industry   1 Answer

Business Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The first step was application form and online test. Afterwards I was ask to answer some motivation questions. Eventually I was contacted for a Telephone interview. The whole process took a couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience, especially the extra-curricular ones, and about the group.   Answer Question