London Stock Exchange Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview (after 10 pm EST) . I returned her call the following morning and again the next day when I didn't hear back. Her email response asked for if I was available on a Saturday. I thought this was odd but agreed with a few blocks of time. She never confirmed. On Monday, I called her back and she said she had left a voicemail earlier that morning. (None was left and no missed calls). The phone screening was done and a interview was scheduled later that week.
    The interview was with the recruiter and another manager. Several situational questions related to my experience. However before I was finished responding, they interrupted with another question. A decision on the next phases was expected later that week. I followed up with a several emails to the recruiter without any reply. I sent the manager an email and she alluded that the recruiter had sent me an email with the next steps...(I didn't get any emails). It's still a mystery what happened. Communication simply broke-down,
    Strange interview process, poor communication and puzzling for the interviewees. Just be patient and follow-up again and again. I think they are short staffed and overwhelmed. It may be a good place for someone inexperienced and learning.

Note: This interview was for a contract role. LSEG does not pay well, the salary was $20K less than market. It wasn't worth my time to invest in getting answers when LSEG doesn't compensate. The recruiters are also contractors and not regular LSEG employees.

Interview Questions

• Since the hiring manager is located in London, how will you work together?; Most of the other questions were situational. Why are you interested in this role: What do you know about the LSEG. Walk us their your resume.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

HR contact by email to set up an interview time depends on your time availability. Phone interviewed by the hiring manager after the fist screen by HR. In the beginning, introduce yourself. After that, there are seven behavior questions one by one followed by your questions in the end. The hiring manager usually is the manager whom you report to.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge you have faced from past work experience?
      Tell me about a situation you went an extra mile in the past work experience?
      What would you do if schedule suddenly changed?
      How do you handle the multi-task when a customer has inquiries?   Answer Question

Business Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (Nottingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was an external contractor hired from LSEG. She conducted the telephone interview via skype call. Completely unprofessional, as I was hearing the sound of the keyboard while I was giving my answers. At the end of the interview I was hearing the interviewer talking to me via distance as if she left her chair to stretch her legs. Plus I was told off on my accent. I was preparing for weeks for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most innovative thing that you have done in your career so far   1 Answer

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview around CV and experience. No feedback and process took months. LSEG have engaged numerous recruitment companies to find Project staff which is causing confusion and irritation amongst recruiters and candidates alike because they don't know what they want. If they are seeking to hire new talent the process needs to be improved. LSEG has a reputation for wasting candidate time as I question whether the roles exist.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Graduate technology 2017
    Very slow process - 4 moths . Online application, telephone interview, assessment center.
    Standard telephone interview by recruiter (I think outsource). Assessment center in London office:
    8 candidates, 4 assessors, individual case study presentation, group discussion, 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions mixed - some technical (e.g. database inner vs outer join, java questions, third normal form)   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very nice staff and interviewers. Started off with online tests then a phone interview followed by an assessment centre. Interviews are a mixture of technical and competency. Some technical questions are easy whereas others can be hard, really depends on the interviewer.

Summer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Aptitude tests followed by phone interview which lasted around 40 minutes. Straight forward and done by a recruiter rather than a member of the company. Aptitude tests were nothing out of the ordinary and on the whole pretty straightforward. I would recommended standard aptitude test prep and competency question prep to get by.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview lasted 30 minutes, pretty abrupt style ( or rather interrogation).
    On arrival I have been sent to a floor occupied by LSE.No one bothered to escort me to the reception so I had to wait in the corridor until someone went out to the lifts. Not a good start.
    Interview was not structured and it seems that manager did not have any questions prepared.
    Line manager asked trivial technical questions that could be googled up in a minute if needed.
    General feeling of the place with outdated processes , IT is stuck in the past and not much passion.
    No questions like ' why did you want to leave' or ' what can you bring to this place'
    I decided not to follow up further.

Interview Questions

• what are you three best skills   1 Answer

Fixed Income Index Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group.

Interview

I applied via linkedin and was then invited to interview at paternoster square a week later. The interviewers were extremely friendly and treated the interview as more of a conversation. There were two back-to-back interviews that each lasted around 30 minutes. I received some constructive feedback a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is fixed income?
      2. What is the difference between modified duration and Macaulay's duration?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Stock Exchange Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview was pretty much traditional based on your CV, cultural fit, motivations and personal skills. But there was many question about the company itself, its operations and current affairs.

Interview Questions

• - Why LSEG?
      - Which companies in Group?
      - What do you think about Borsa Italiano?   Answer Question