Long Beach City College Interview Questions in Long Beach, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

You had to fill out an application online complete with transcripts. It took 2 months for someone to email me back. Then scheduled an interview with a panel. Didn't look at my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Had a set of general questions that they asked all applicants.   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

Application

Interview

Answered and submitted a few supplemental questions online mid-December 2016. Was notified via email one month later that I was the #1 candidate. Was then to attend interview mid-February 2017. They ask the same questions from the application given online. The panel seemed stiff and had no enthusiasm. It was difficult to be myself because I had a lot of energy and motivation in the interview. I followed up 3 weeks later with HR and no response. It took them a month to respond via email saying my skills were great, but they were going to re-post the job online and if I want to be considered for employment, I had to reapply again. Right when I was going to reapply 3 days later, the job opening was gone in the beginning of April 2017.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your work experience and education as it pertains to the Deputy Director of
      Web and Mobile Services.   1 Answer
    • Describe your specific experience and areas of expertise in web development, web server
      administration, and mobile technologies.   1 Answer
    • Describe your specific experience with implementing and/or administering web-based open source/
      third-party software.   1 Answer

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Filed application with HR
    Received telephone communication to schedule interview
    Arrived 1 hour prior to face-to-face to preview questions and complete a writing assignment
    Escorted to conference room and introduced to the 8 person panel
    Completed a teaching demonstration
    Responded to questions read by each member of the panel
    Was asked if I had any questions for them
    Was informed of the next step in the process and was escorted out of the room

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy on teaching?   Answer Question
    • What contribution would you make to a teaching team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you handled a conflict and what method(s) did you use?   Answer Question

Student Achievement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application they call you in for an interview. It's a moderately easy interview process. They day of you show up to location and the two managers have a copy of the questions ready for you as wait in the lobby. This is the first time in which they allow you to review the questions prior to the interview. Also, the same copy is taped down to the desk for your perusal during the interview. During the interview everyone is very nice and supporting. The panel wants you to succeed. They're looking to see if you are confident, positive and an approachable person. I feel that you either had to say something very stupid or be a poorly prepared for them to not offer you the internship. Questions we're typically behavioral based dealing with potential situations with students that may arise. Just use the STAR method and be familiar with your role as a coach let your personality shine through and you'll be successful. If you are selected you'll hear back within a week.

Interview Questions

• What does being a coach mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Interns typically have other jobs, school and priorities to deal with throughout the semester. What do you plan on doing to make sure you are successful?   Answer Question
    • A student admits to you that his admission to Stanford is on the line. He is currently failing his Chemistry class and wants to know if he should take a W instead. The deadline is tomorrow. What advice would you give him or her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will contact you with an offer within a few days if selected. They're is no negotiation for salary or stipend payments.

Matriculation Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and attended 2 interviews following a written exam that tested for basic clerical skills. Both interviews are recorded and the process was thorough. I was notified through email for the first interview, and called for the second. The interviews are not daunting, but do emphasize a background in working in the higher education system, so do keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with diverse groups of people   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very kind and welcoming. I was nervous getting into the interview but the two hiring managers made me feel super comfortable. They asked very basic questions that anyone could answer. They seemed genuinely caring and polite. I felt like they were making sure I had a decent head on my shoulders and was capable of handling a stressful situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was brief and I was asked about my skills and weaknesses. It was very straight forward. I was interviewed by my current supervisor and the previous marketing Intern. They were polite and it was in a small office environment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent typing certification.
    Applied online.
    Took test got 80% no interview. Person has to score 94%. Other parts of the government it's 70%.

Test is based on knowing word, excel, simple math, and customer service (trick questions). The test was poorly written. Other parts of the government the test would be written 100% better.

Probably hired an insider. All of this is smoke and mirrors. Don't bother unless you think your going to get 90 percentile or 100% just for admin job.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application and replied to within a month.
    Made appointment for interview via email.
    Interview takes 30 minutes.
    Friendly and simple.
    You should prepare yourself by coming up with answers to simple interview questions like "why should we hire you?" or "How will you help our team?"
    Have a great attitude and smile!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

For adjuncts, we had an application. When I tried for a tenure track line, the competition was great, and there were many hard questions. Also, we always have a "pretend" lecture for 10-20 minutes. For an adjunct part time job, we just showed up. Most times, I have got in when we needed a last-minute opening.

Interview Questions

• Can you work tomorrow morning? Help!   1 Answer

Negotiation

not there...remember-these are adjuncts. F