Long Beach City College Interview Questions in Long Beach, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.2

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Filed application with HR
    Received telephone communication to schedule interview
    Arrived 1 hour prior to face-to-face to preview questions and complete a writing assignment
    Escorted to conference room and introduced to the 8 person panel
    Completed a teaching demonstration
    Responded to questions read by each member of the panel
    Was asked if I had any questions for them
    Was informed of the next step in the process and was escorted out of the room

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy on teaching?   Answer Question
    • What contribution would you make to a teaching team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you handled a conflict and what method(s) did you use?   Answer Question

Student Achievement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application they call you in for an interview. It's a moderately easy interview process. They day of you show up to location and the two managers have a copy of the questions ready for you as wait in the lobby. This is the first time in which they allow you to review the questions prior to the interview. Also, the same copy is taped down to the desk for your perusal during the interview. During the interview everyone is very nice and supporting. The panel wants you to succeed. They're looking to see if you are confident, positive and an approachable person. I feel that you either had to say something very stupid or be a poorly prepared for them to not offer you the internship. Questions we're typically behavioral based dealing with potential situations with students that may arise. Just use the STAR method and be familiar with your role as a coach let your personality shine through and you'll be successful. If you are selected you'll hear back within a week.

Interview Questions

• What does being a coach mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Interns typically have other jobs, school and priorities to deal with throughout the semester. What do you plan on doing to make sure you are successful?   Answer Question
    • A student admits to you that his admission to Stanford is on the line. He is currently failing his Chemistry class and wants to know if he should take a W instead. The deadline is tomorrow. What advice would you give him or her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will contact you with an offer within a few days if selected. They're is no negotiation for salary or stipend payments.

Matriculation Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and attended 2 interviews following a written exam that tested for basic clerical skills. Both interviews are recorded and the process was thorough. I was notified through email for the first interview, and called for the second. The interviews are not daunting, but do emphasize a background in working in the higher education system, so do keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with diverse groups of people   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very kind and welcoming. I was nervous getting into the interview but the two hiring managers made me feel super comfortable. They asked very basic questions that anyone could answer. They seemed genuinely caring and polite. I felt like they were making sure I had a decent head on my shoulders and was capable of handling a stressful situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your accomplishments?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was brief and I was asked about my skills and weaknesses. It was very straight forward. I was interviewed by my current supervisor and the previous marketing Intern. They were polite and it was in a small office environment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent typing certification.
    Applied online.
    Took test got 80% no interview. Person has to score 94%. Other parts of the government it's 70%.

Test is based on knowing word, excel, simple math, and customer service (trick questions). The test was poorly written. Other parts of the government the test would be written 100% better.

Probably hired an insider. All of this is smoke and mirrors. Don't bother unless you think your going to get 90 percentile or 100% just for admin job.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application and replied to within a month.
    Made appointment for interview via email.
    Interview takes 30 minutes.
    Friendly and simple.
    You should prepare yourself by coming up with answers to simple interview questions like "why should we hire you?" or "How will you help our team?"
    Have a great attitude and smile!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

For adjuncts, we had an application. When I tried for a tenure track line, the competition was great, and there were many hard questions. Also, we always have a "pretend" lecture for 10-20 minutes. For an adjunct part time job, we just showed up. Most times, I have got in when we needed a last-minute opening.

Interview Questions

• Can you work tomorrow morning? Help!   1 Answer

Negotiation

not there...remember-these are adjuncts. F

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Tedious - supposed to be fair - but once you're hired you can tell it gets rigged! The Senior Manager even get people they know to apply - so that there are only so many spots for "real" candidates

Interview Questions

• Don't recall - the questions were so specific - you'd have to already work in the department to know the right answer.   Answer Question

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Beach City College (Long Beach, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple. You can just go into the supplemental instruction leaders main office and ask for an interview after filling out the online application. simple easy and quick process. as long as you passed the classes you are trying to SI for with an A you should get the possession.

Interview Questions

• Did you get an A in your class.   1 Answer