Long Beach USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Long Beach USD Interview Questions

2.2

Special Education Instructonal Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach USD (Long Beach, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went for the interview with 3 other people and they all asked us the same questions. We all were interviewed by the head people of special education at the school district. Normally my interviews are on a one to one basis

Instructional Aide -Special Ed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Long Beach USD (Long Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had to take an skill exam first and show my degree prior to the testing. A week later, I was notified of my results and was given an interview. I was interviewed with a group of three women and one interviewer. Right after the interview, I waited a few minutes and was given my position.

During the interview, the interviewer was straight forward about how the hours are little and they know people leave to find better positions suited for them. It is great experience to get if you want to work in Special Education. I was asked questions such as

Why I wanted to work with Special Education?
    How would you handle a student who began to act out?
    What type of experience with children do you have?
    What are the times you are available?

Interview Questions

• How would you be able to handle a student who began to act out?   Answer Question

College Student Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Beach USD (Long Beach, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was registered already as a College Student Aide for the Long Beach USD, which consists of presenting a TB test and x-rays. Then when you're approved, you're given a list of job sites to apply or in some rare cases, job sites contact you. On my first job site, I got an interview with a supervisor who was more interested in my availability. I got the job on the spot. When my program lost funding, I lost that job site and after a few months, a job site contacted me. I got a group interview instead (teachers and students from a special education program). Everyone was nice and I answered all their questions. They told me I'll probably have to wait a week for the next response, but a few hours later, I got a call and said I was hired. If you fit the college aide requirements, and you have the availability, then you're a shoe in.

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Long Beach USD (Long Beach, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

You are required to answer 8 job related essay questions and submit that with your job application. It took about 1 month before I was contacted by LBUSD regarding an employment exam. Though I had over 5 years of experience in the position that I applied for, the pre-employment exam was semi-difficult. The scenario questions were a bit tricky because it appeared that more than one answer could be correct.

I was contacted by the the Human Resources department about 1 week later for an initial interview. Within days I was interviewed by 2 representatives from the Human Resources department. This interview was very difficult and I was not sure if I had done well or not. About 1 week later I received a letter in the mail from LBUSD stating that I had one of the top 3 scores on the pre-employment exam process (this included the HR interview) and that they will be moving forward with the top 3 candidates.

About 1 week later I received a letter from the department that was hiring stating that they wanted to interview me; I set up an immediate interview. The interview was very relaxed and the panel was friendly. I was offered a job the next day and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest area of weakness and how can you improve upon it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you want to start at a higher salary range, you will have to submit the request to HR with proof of work experience/education and a letter of formal request.