Long Beach USD Job Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Long Beach USD Job Developer Interview Questions

Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Long Beach USD (Long Beach, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

You are required to answer 8 job related essay questions and submit that with your job application. It took about 1 month before I was contacted by LBUSD regarding an employment exam. Though I had over 5 years of experience in the position that I applied for, the pre-employment exam was semi-difficult. The scenario questions were a bit tricky because it appeared that more than one answer could be correct.

I was contacted by the the Human Resources department about 1 week later for an initial interview. Within days I was interviewed by 2 representatives from the Human Resources department. This interview was very difficult and I was not sure if I had done well or not. About 1 week later I received a letter in the mail from LBUSD stating that I had one of the top 3 scores on the pre-employment exam process (this included the HR interview) and that they will be moving forward with the top 3 candidates.

About 1 week later I received a letter from the department that was hiring stating that they wanted to interview me; I set up an immediate interview. The interview was very relaxed and the panel was friendly. I was offered a job the next day and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest area of weakness and how can you improve upon it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. If you want to start at a higher salary range, you will have to submit the request to HR with proof of work experience/education and a letter of formal request.