LongHorn Steakhouse Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LongHorn Steakhouse

1.5

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Manhattan, KS) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quick and easy to go through. I applied and received a call the next day to set up an interview. After two short interviews I was offered a position and schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   7 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Let's see where to begin? Ok I'll start by my very first impression of the restaurant I applied in. It was nicely decorated and the staff seemed really nice and laid back, but a little too laid back... What I mean by this is I walked in about 3 weeks ago dressed semi formal with my res. in hand and asked the hostess if a manager was available to speak to him regarding the application process and to my shock the hostess points in the direction of a man in a hoodie,shorts, and a pair of sneakers with his head down in the bar sleeping and then she proceeded to wake him up from his slumber. Although I found it amusing it is very unprofessional, but I smiled it off and spoke to the manager. He was so impressed with my appearance and attitude that he did an on the spot interview. So we sat down and he had the hostess bring me a glass of water which was nice. After he interviewed me he was so pleased that he called his GM on the phone and texted her repeatedly to come and interview me and he said if I could wait for her to come in that would be great. So he left after that and wished me luck and then I sat waiting for about an hour and a half for this "GM" to appear. To my shock.. Yet again she walks in and is filled with tattoos and piercings with a box of KFC in one hand and when I get up to introduce myself she shakes my hand and then says "give me 10 minutes" so I politely said take your time which she took full advantage of.. So I sat there waiting for her to finish eating for another 30 minutes and finally she came back and said to come back in next week for an interview with another woman, I agreed and thanked her for her time and left. The following week I go to my second interview that was supposed to be scheduled by the GM just to be told by the hostess that there wasn't a interview scheduled and I could see and hear the woman that was going to interview me saying that she wasn't told anything and to get my Resume so she could study it. (Which they almost told me to come back anther time) The hostess came back to me and asked if I filled out the application online which I did and then she got my resume and gave it to the other woman. Again I sat for another hour or longer to be interviewed. When I finally got seated she had told me that she thought this was my first interview and that the GM left for vacation. She was pleasant to say the least and made it seem like I got the Job and towards the end she set me up with a 3rd interview with yes, the unreachable GM the following week. At this point I was a little frustrated at how unorganized they were... Furthermore I finally got my one on one interview with the GM. She asked me a plethora of questions I had answered multiple times with the others and I did very well so of course I thought the GM was going to hire me on the spot, I have all the necessary requirements to be a server due to the fact I have over 2 years experience in waiting tables plus I have an open schedule with my own means of transportation. With all this being said at the end of my final interview she told me that she is going to speak with the other two individuals to come up with a decision and that she will send me an email if I got the position. It's been a little over 2 weeks since that and I called and spoke to the first manager I interviewed with to see if the GM spoke to him and if they came to a decision... Which I came to find out by him that she never even mentioned anything about me. To conclude my last attempt in working for Longhorn I called the GM and told her that I am really would love nothing more to work for the darden company and to see if she came to a final decision on hiring me just to be told that "I'm reviewing the application process". So my overall impression is that her and the majority of the staff are unorganized, unprofessional young adults who need to be either retrained or find a new profession.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions on my past experiences and what I did as a waiter in my previous jobs.   Answer Question