Longview International Technology Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Longview International Technology Solutions

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by LV in-house recruiter. They found my resume on LinkedIn. I was briefly screened by the recruiter. I was then scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the VP and TL at a restaurant two days later near the job site. They didn't ask any hard questions. It was very brief.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online, received a follow up phone call and then a technical interview. The entire process thus far has been fairly professional, if a bit slow. It is hard to gauge how well the company coordinates everything but it does seem as if there can be minor breakdowns in communication. This could stem from the fact that it is located in many places and the place where the job is posted and applied for is not necessarily the group that contacts you for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that all objects of a class had access to a single instance of a variable instead of each having their own? (Java)   1 Answer

Java Developer (Mobile) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions (Reston, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen that is supposed to be technical in nature. If you pass the technical phone screen, they schedule a face-to-face interview that is half behavioral and half technical with the possibility of doing some work on the whiteboard.

The technical screens consisted of answering questions about resume accomplishments and whether I had certain skills or experience without asking any deep dive questions about the technologies or doing any coding or design tests.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of determining what gets done and how deadlines are set for projects at your last company? Did it work? What would you change about it?   1 Answer

Mobile Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Their recruiter found me, I hadnt heard pf company before. I had something lined up, offer in hand. Interview was mostly selling me on their opportunity more so than vetting me.
    I could tell the interviewer was very technical and he did have me whiteboard. Interview was very fair and appealing I ended up signing up and starting that same week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my developing experience, lessons learned.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to code a chat app that filtered out bad words.   1 Answer
    • The rest was selling me on this FT opportunity over the contract opportunity I had.   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions (Reston, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

was almost a flag because it was too easy, phone screen i talked to a tester who had no prior experience and was expected to grow into the role. panel interview I had a tester who seem to think it was QA vs Developers, and didn't believe in automated testing for job security reasons

Interview Questions

• difference between automated testing and manual testing   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Longview International Technology Solutions in November 2012.

Interview

1) short conversation with recruiter, covered salary expectations, details of job... referred by someone they had talked to on LinkedIn that wasn't interested because of location/commute.

2) phone screen with someone technical, i seemed to answer questions before they were asked by going into detail how i applied some of the specific technologies on my resume that I knew they were looking for...

3) a lot of people in on the in person interview, which was somewhat intimidating but at the same time, I got a really good feel of the people I'd be working for and with. The fact so many people took time out of a busy day to actively partake in interview showed they really didn't just want to hire anyone.

I had the flu when I did the panel in person interview, I think it was very apparent, I didn't want to reschedule the interview, you never know how that is interpreted...

Interview Questions

• How I would debug a qunit acceptance test failing in a headless browser.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty easy as they knew my expectations salary wise ahead of time.
    I think it helped that I had an offer in hand elsewhere as a decision was made very fast...
    It was not a tough decision to take LongView offer which was competitive, but I mostly accepted it for the challenge/opportunity, the chance to work on this stack with this team.