Lonza Biologics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.9

Computer Systems Validation Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

Phase I is Phone interview with Hiring Manager lasting lasting 30 minutes to an hour; All technical questions.

Phase II is face to face interview panel interview with 4-5 prospective team members, all sitting across from you and firing hard ball questions at you to evaluate your soft skills (Emotional Intelligence and Resilience because you will need it).people are the most challenging to deal with so you need a tremendous amount of people skills to make it

Interview Questions

• How do you handle Co-workers and subordinates that disagree and directly refuse to apply/comply with a directive or a solution you have provided?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took 2 weeks of back and forth with the HR manager to agree on a mutually acceptable offer. I has paid at the 95th percentile of my salary range.

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Round Robin style interview with 6 different people in varying positions. Asked mostly behavioral based questions and each person had a different set of questions they had to ask. After the interview we were given a tour of the facility. Entire interview and tour lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where someone you were working with wasn't putting in their share of the work. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Round robin style. Probably six interviews with various managers and supervisors and HR people. Each interview was one on one and lasted about 15 minutes. "Speed Dating" style. Each interview was about the same, they all read prepared questions off a paper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to collaborate with coworkers to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Temporary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not that great. Interviewer was not interactive. They took a long time to get back to me. They nearly took 6 weeks to respond. Was a very slow process. There only one round of interview. Just a phone interview for 30 minutes. All project based questions. They call you for interview based on project work.

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask any specific technical questions. Just a few questions on my Project. Asked me to explain my thesis and few questions on modeling.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The job application was made online. After a round of phone interview with HR and the hiring manager, a face to face interview was arranged with the hiring manager and colleagues in the same department. The travel (flight in this case) was reimbursed. An offer was made after one round of face to face interview.

QC Microbiologist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2013.

Interview

A round robin formatted interview involving multiple staff members from different departments within the company. Each had their own set of questions based on what they each felt was most important within their branch of work. A quick tour of the labs was also done. The staff seemed friendly and enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time in your life where you had to leave specific written directions for someone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics in February 2013.

Interview

Round-Robin with multiple managers and supervisors. You also get a tour of the facility. The questions are very generic and very vague, so make sure you have some experiences lined up and ready to go. Like, when have you had to troubleshoot under stress or when have you had to work with multiple people to achieve a common goal, or how quickly can you pick up on things and can you give us an example...etc.

Manufacturing Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was round robin style. Usually take place among other applicants, moving around to several different interviewers for 10 minutes each. Something like speed dating. Questions asked are mostly personality questions with very little skills question. The panel consist or managers, supervisors, and some associates from the manufacturing department. A very different experience, somewhat intimidating.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

standard round of interviews. Some standard techinical and background questions.

Interview Questions

• explaining how you would go about solving a certain development situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open and honest, multiple rounds.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walkersville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Walkersville, MD).

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. I did enjoy meeting the people that work there. Be prepared for a full day or two of interviewing with many people. Wear comfortable shoes as there is a great deal of walking involved. Be prepared with questions and be ready to talk. They leave a lot of time for discussion, any candidate that can not make conversation will not get through. All candidates that must give presentations on your work be prepared for many in depth questions.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls does it take to fill a school bus?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Push for the highest offer you can get, raises are very small and not given often, once every 3 years maybe. Don't take a job at a lower level and think you can move up, they do not promote from within.