Lonza Biologics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

Phone interview first with hiring manager.

Two weeks later, followed by onsite interview. Five or so 30 minute segments with one or two interviewers. The interviewers turned out to be my future departmental colleagues.

Final onsite interview was with HR.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with 5 different people, some were together and some were individual. They asked technical and personality questions. You have to sign in at the front desk and then you are escorted to an interview room. They ask a lot of theoretical questions as well as application questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR recruiter 2 days after applying for job online. The recruiter was quite friendly. General screening questions, expressing the skill set and expectations of the candidate. By the end of the interview i was told that i was being recommended for a second interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job. What are your salary expectations. Tell me about your current role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Round robin style. Probably six interviews with various managers and supervisors and HR people. Each interview was one on one and lasted about 15 minutes. "Speed Dating" style. Each interview was about the same, they all read prepared questions off a paper.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to collaborate with coworkers to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Round Robin style interview with 6 different people in varying positions. Asked mostly behavioral based questions and each person had a different set of questions they had to ask. After the interview we were given a tour of the facility. Entire interview and tour lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where someone you were working with wasn't putting in their share of the work. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics in February 2013.

Interview

Round-Robin with multiple managers and supervisors. You also get a tour of the facility. The questions are very generic and very vague, so make sure you have some experiences lined up and ready to go. Like, when have you had to troubleshoot under stress or when have you had to work with multiple people to achieve a common goal, or how quickly can you pick up on things and can you give us an example...etc.

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2011.

Interview

Round Robin style interview with a few members of the manufacturing and management team. This gave about 5 minutes with each individual, maybe six individuals total. The questions where general questions about me. I had no prior Biotech experience; just a BA in Biology (I had just graduated). There was also a tour conducted of the facility so you can observe how they operate, and the demeanor of the employees there.

Interview Questions

• Basically questions to make sure you know yourself, and instances in the past where you had to make difficult decisions, be it work, life, or college related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the initial offer, and it seems they have a standard pay bracket for level of operator. Being my first job out of college, I didn't have much to negotiate.

Manufacturing Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview was round robin style. Usually take place among other applicants, moving around to several different interviewers for 10 minutes each. Something like speed dating. Questions asked are mostly personality questions with very little skills question. The panel consist or managers, supervisors, and some associates from the manufacturing department. A very different experience, somewhat intimidating.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was slow and during the interview they did not ask much. It was clear that they were only hiring for manual help and not for the sake of a long term career (although that is how they tried to advertise it). So if you do not care about your career, then the hiring process is easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have no room/budget to negotiate.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lonza Biologics (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2011.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, within 1 week several interviews were set up with team members. Over three days I met with groups of people for 30 minutes at a time. Most of the interviewers asked the same questions. I did get to spend quite a bit of time talking with the hiring manager over several days. Many of the systems were set up when I started the new job, if not set up, it was clear what i needed to do, which is far better than figuring it out for yourself.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to deal with difficult people to work with, like your current boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried, however management and HR couldn't even meet me half way (2 or 3 percent) because of "HR Policy". Instead of starting my new job pumped about being recognized, I entered it as a learning opportunity to make me more marketable for other jobs. I'm not sure they realize that.