Loomis Sayles & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loomis Sayles & Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Loomis Sayles & Company

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interview
    Each half an hour you have to be real passionate about the company and the role you are applying for to be able to get the job.
    Be prepared to ask questions and answer to some financial questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was two rounds. I had an in-person interview with the hiring coordinator, then an in-person interview with the supervisor I was going to be working with that summer. The interview was easy, they asked mostly behavioral questions and some general questions about the industry.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied directly through their website.
    Got an email from HR in about 2 weeks time.
    Phone interview with another quantitative analyst in the QRRA team
    I attached my project report in an asset management project
    Lot of technical questions on resume points especially internship experience with a fixed income strat group and on the project report. Questions on stochastic calculus and Linear regression.

This is a fundametal investing driven firm with a thorough quantitative research on investing ideas.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is cointegration?
      2) What is a view in a black-litterman model?
      3) What are the problems of using a mean variance optimization?
      4) What are the problems that one comes across when constructing a covariance matrix?
      5) Which is more important in a factor regression - beta or R square?   Answer Question

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Day 1 Round 1 - Meet with the hiring manager, and two other managers. Each conversation was 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes. The interview was conversational, - some overlap occurred because the three managers asked somewhat similar questions.

Day 2 Round 2 - Meet with the two additional people, director of fixed income operations (Sr. Manager) and the director of investment operations (COO), each conversation was 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes. Both were structured as Q&A setting, and each of these VP have more than 10 years experience with the firm. This interview was more challenging than the first, full with industry based and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why this firm, why this role, why leave your current position? What type of environment do you strive in? Focus on derivatives, what is most challenging type? Discussed exposure to fixed income, types of bonds, etc. etc.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

*Spoke with the hiring manager
    *Talked about the role and answered general interview questions
    *After initial interview I with potential teams in order to determine which team I best fit with
    *Team meeting was easy and stress-free
    *Spoke a little about myself and tried to connect with the team

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Two months after I submitted application, they sent my an email to complete additional questions online, basically about investment experience and philosophy. Questions may be different depending on teams. Second round is to study a stock and submit your work in a week. In the third round they called to discuss your work submitted. The fourth round is to study another stock as a full pitch and submit your work in a week again. The last round is to go onsite and discuss your work. I didn't get to the last round but really liked their style.

Fixed Income Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

External recruiter set up the interviews. Didnt seem like the firm has a dedicated HR. Met with an admin type of person who seemed to also act as HR for the group. Initial interview was 1:1 with the hiring managers. Called in for second interview with members of other teams. Overall met with 8 people. Everyone was professional and very courteous. The organization seemed very flat and team oriented.

Interview Questions

• Are you a trader type of person or a client service kind of person?   Answer Question

Equity Quantitative Researcher Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loomis Sayles & Company (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied from Handshake. The first round phone interview is about 30 mins. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked whether I am interested in doing a coding test.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research projects. How could those projects be used to construct trading strategies?   Answer Question