Lord Abbett & Co. Advisor Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord Abbett & Co. Advisor Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Lord Abbett & Co.

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

6-9 interviews. Mostly similar questions. Don't be worried, they only think they know a lot about the markets. They don't. 2 days, about 4-5 interviews per day. 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• Where is the 10yr yield   1 Answer
  • If you had $100k where would you put it today   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lord Abbett & Co.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was preceded by a short phone screen with a current Advisor Consultant. There were then two rounds with 5-6 interviews each day. First round was with other Advisor Consultants, mostly with a few years of experience. Second round was with more senior managers of different departments as well as with a partner.

Overall the questions asked were fair and covered a range of personal queries alongside more standard questions about what I think of the firm, what I know about its history, its performance, and the markets in general. The interviews were varied and with a myriad of departments, allowing for exposure to the different facets of the firm's operations, research and sales desks. It gave a more complete picture than might normally be obtained at a similar firm before working there. I also sat with several current Consultants for an hour or two. An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Lord Abbett's performance in the past few years, and can you compare it to its competitors? Also, what level of success is it in line for in the near-term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview for about 25-30 minutes, then first round interview with 5-6 current advisor consultants, then a second (final) round interview with partners and directors to go over why the position is fit for you and how well you can effect the company in a positive way. Each and every person you meet is kind and welcoming to say the least. The firm is well respected and the interviews take about 10-15 minutes with each person you sit down with

Interview Questions

• what made you interested in the markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds - first you meet with only current advisor consultants, the next you start to meet with heads of departments & partners (gets a little intense but most people you sit with are super nice) -- the first round is a joke, these people are 1-2 years out of college and act like they are industry veterans (just talk about sports)

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Not too hard of a process. Start off with a phone interview. Followed by about 2-3 in person. You meet multiple people from the sales desk followed by some managers and partners. Accept a lot of kids right out of college.

Interview Questions

• What stocks would you invest in right now?
      What is headlining the financial news outlets at the moment?   1 Answer